Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help buying a house at the LOTO >

Help buying a house at the LOTO

Notices

Help buying a house at the LOTO

Old 03-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Big E- hidy-ho there neighbor!! we will have to tip one back to appease the water gods! i'm usually down almost every weekend when the weather starts to warm up.

JJ- yeah, that was the same night! i still laugh at that one! i was too drunk to find my way to the boat let alone take an outdrive off..... "once you find the black thing hanging off the back of the boat, you'll see six bolts...three on this side and three on that side"

jbk
Old 03-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Big E

JBK - give me a holler before you go down there. I'm usually down there every weekend too when it warms up. When are you getting your boat wet? I was thinking about the last weekend in March as long as the weather stays like this. Stoneledge is a nice place, maybe we'll see ya soon!

Old 03-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big E and Jawbreaker...............

We'll need to meet up this summer. I am at Fountain View (other side, same point as Salty Dog) that's right by you guys.

LATER........I'm sure I've seen your house many of times. I put in at the damn on Friday and go up until I go back to the damn Sun. afternoon. Bet you've seen a KV Scarab pass by EVERY Sunday.
Does your Fountain have the twin step? Were we running up to the cove alongside eachother one Sat. If so, man that was alot of fun seeing your boat leave the water and then me leaving the water and the you leaving. It waould have been I think the Shoot Out weekend? Just one guy and a girl (wife?) It lasted for about 5-7 miles.
Hope it was you so that we can do it again this summer

Last edited by OBNOXUS21; 03-12-2003 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:11 PM
Big E

Obnoxus21 - Where do you put in at by the dam. Bergers marina possibly? Bergers does all of the work on my boat, I trust no one else.

Old 03-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Berger's ALL THE WAY !!!!!
They are good people there. I finally semm to got Mike to come around. I have sent him as much business as possible. And the people that went are still going.
Mike'll always tell you what he's thinking , no BS
Old 03-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Big E

Originally posted by OBNOXUS21
They are good people there. I finally semm to got Mike to come around. I have sent him as much business as possible. And the people that went are still going.

You could never be more right by saying Bergers ALL THE WAY! I have been going there for 5 years now and Mike has always done me right. His brother Matt too. They are probably 30 to 40 percent cheaper than anyone on the lake and its done right. Mike told me one time that he is just trying to make a living and not out there to gouge anyone. My buddy swore by Mungenast Marina until they winterized his boat last fall and did not change the oil after they told him they did. I guess Mungenast is getting too big. He took his boat to Bergers and they took care of him. I cannot say enough about Mike.

You know Bergers has to be good when you drive up there and you see 47ft Black Thunders and other expensive boats there waiting to be worked on. People with boats that cost that much won't take their boat just anywhere. Bergers is the best down at LOTO as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to use their ramp also. Havent needed their maintance yet, but have heard good things from other customers too. You can tell alot about mechanics by how they keep their shop. Bergers keeps theirs nice. Do you drop your trailer there after launching, and if so, how did you get them to okay that?
Old 03-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Big E and Jawbreaker...............

We'll need to meet up this summer. I am at Fountain View (other side, same point as Salty Dog) that's right by you guys.

LATER........I'm sure I've seen your house many of times. I put in at the damn on Friday and go up until I go back to the damn Sun. afternoon. Bet you've seen a KV Scarab pass by EVERY Sunday.
Does your Fountain have the twin step? Were we running up to the cove alongside eachother one Sat. If so, man that was alot of fun seeing your boat leave the water and then me leaving the water and the you leaving. It waould have been I think the Shoot Out weekend? Just one guy and a girl (wife?) It lasted for about 5-7 miles.
Hope it was you so that we can do it again this summer
i believe so, its usually just me and the wife, unless wild child is down ( thats the daughter ) then watch out cause there is only one way and that wfo. will have to hook up im down every weekend,
Bergers there isnt enough good things to say about them, advance marine is on top of their game also.
later
Old 03-12-2003, 08:39 PM
Big E

Originally posted by Chart
I like to use their ramp also. Havent needed their maintance yet, but have heard good things from other customers too. You can tell alot about mechanics by how they keep their shop. Bergers keeps theirs nice. Do you drop your trailer there after launching, and if so, how did you get them to okay that?

Chart - if I had to guess Obnoxious probably stores his boat there. I used to when my parents had a place down there, my Dad had only one dock and he put his boat in it. I kept mine on the trailer under a shed at Bergers, when I went down there Mike or Matt would hook the tractor up to it and launch me in. Then on Sundays I would idle in, he would jump on the tractor and pull me out, let me dry off the boat and then take the boat on the trailer back to the shed. I never once had to get out of my boat to ask him to pull me out, he keeps a good watch on boats coming in on Sundays. Even since my wife and I bought a condo down there way down at the 21 mile marker, I still take my boat to Bergers because I trust them. It is a family buisiness and they do great work. They are real reasonable on storage too. I stored my 25 ft Baja there this winter until I sold it in December and he only charged me $60.00 per month for a roof and three sided storage. He will come to your dock to winterize, but he will not change oil on your dock, you have to bring the boat to him. But I don't mind especially after what happened to my buddy at Dave Mungenast.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your info. You are probably correct about him storing his boat storing a boat there.

Quick Reply: Help buying a house at the LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.