Notices

Older 70's Performance Boats?

Old 07-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: There is this Cigarette 39 right near us

Originally Posted by stephenwsmith
There are two interesting hulls near me:

#1 a 1979 Cigarette 39, Black with white top deck.. but the bad news is that it is a 3 man setup (was a drug boat siezed)...

Has 2 engines in it (staggered), but not really practical as a DayBoat for me.. Has been sitting for a couple of years in Atlantic Highlands NJ across from Julians Bait and Tackle (they own it)..
They are now really ready to sell... but not sure if I want that much empty (there is no cabin or even a way to get there..)

#2 a Magnum 27 1974 Sedan, no power, two old TRS outdrives, good gelcoat (yellow) oh my... decent cabin (needs new carpet/cover) however everything else just needs cleaned..

Probably new everything else on the helm... and probably new outdrives (the TRS look tired)...

#3 There is a Bertram Baron 28 (Speedmasters) down in Florida, cool boat, original owner, runs fine (old Volvo drives), I think he still "likes" the boat too much, but it is for sale. Looks great in the pictures, would fly down and look at it... Does have the requisite lifelines running down the bow.... and probably could buy it and run it as is...

Come on guys, maybe you have other ideas... ps. If anyone wants info on that 39 Cigarette, I'd be happy to hook you up, I'd love not having it tempt me...

stephen
Being originally from NJ I had seen the 39' Cigarette for a lot of years at Julians (back to 1998), that I can remember. When I was up there in the spring I noticed it was, still, at Julian's. So, I recently had my sister-in-law inquire about the boat and its status....and (as per the son at Julian's) the boat is NOT for sale and they will be fixing it up in the near future. Just an update!!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zanie what a beautiful boat!