Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O/T Hey you Texas guy's, did you hear... >

O/T Hey you Texas guy's, did you hear...

Notices

O/T Hey you Texas guy's, did you hear...

Old 03-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default O/T Hey you Texas guy's, did you hear...

Did you hear..........

At a recent concert in London, Dixie Chicks lead singer Natalie Maines paused between songs and said, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas." Reportedly the British audience cheered, but the comment has rankled some Americans - including some country radio stations, which have dropped Dixie Chicks music from their playlists.

I guess there is more to the Quote but that is what a couple of the radio stations around here in Kansas City are saying. One has even stopped playing any of their songs and replaced them with patriotic songs like Toby Keith's "Boot in your A$$" and that new one by Darrel ???? "Do you remember"

What's everyone's reaction in Texas???

Last edited by FunHome; 03-13-2003 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

Here is what she had to say about it...Oh, by the way....it was the ugly one that said it!!!

From the Dixie Chicks with respect to statements being reported in the British media
3/12/2003

From the Dixie Chicks

"We've been overseas for several weeks and have been reading and following the news accounts of our governments' position. The anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is astounding. While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost."

Maines further stated, "I feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My comments were made in frustration and one of the privileges of being an American is you are free to voice your own point of view."
Old 03-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably the fat one
Old 03-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by FunHome
Here is what she had to say about it...Oh, by the way....it was the ugly one that said it!!!

From the Dixie Chicks with respect to statements being reported in the British media
3/12/2003

From the Dixie Chicks

"We've been overseas for several weeks and have been reading and following the news accounts of our governments' position. The anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is astounding. While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost."

Maines further stated, "I feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My comments were made in frustration and one of the privileges of being an American is you are free to voice your own point of view."
I'm really getting tired of celebrities in general.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What might better be --GORE --- that is a joke. If gore was in office we would still be hiding in our houses wondering when the TALIBAN ( the one that is now dead ) was going to strike again. That and we would be looking for ways to soup up our electric motors in our cars and boats.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Cat, at least you say what you do over here and take your lumps. This worthless C#nt acted just like Slick Blue Dress Willy and made her comments in freekin England! If she really feels sooooo strongly about it, let her drag her fat ass down to Houston or Dallas and make a comment like that-then we'll see how she really feels about this issue. I was a fan till today and have DC tickets for their concert-I guarantee I will find some way to express my disgust and it won't involve just tearing up my tickets
Old 03-13-2003, 11:44 PM
Registered

Dixie Clits

Sell the tickets on Ebay and send the money to your local VFW or some other Veterans organization.

Or send them to me and I will personally put a .30 cal hole in them and return them to you. The ammo is 1968 match/sniper stuff- Lake City M-118- a real collectible item that I normally would not shoot, but sometimes....

Bulldog aka Ronnie
Old 03-14-2003, 07:09 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

If they pulled that in a concert in this country my guess is that most of the people would get up and leave.

Jon
Old 03-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered

Thumbs down dixie chicks

..I'm now ashamed to say they're from America...

stay the F*ck over there....

Old 03-14-2003, 07:28 AM
Registered

Funny she should talk of freedoms. I wonder if she thinks America earned them by singing hillbilly tunes London?

Last edited by D_Casten; 03-14-2003 at 07:31 AM.

Quick Reply: O/T Hey you Texas guy's, did you hear...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.