Notices

Smaller boat poker runs ?

Old 03-15-2003, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add another boat to your run rambunctious.... cause the Problem child and I will be there

Like wette vette... I only have 30 gals and they don't have 110 octane on the lake
Old 03-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Registered

Cincinnati Poker Run - A guy with a 22' something won thousands of dollars there a few years ago... I cannot see why they would block smaller boats if they wanted to run with the big boats. They also have 3 starts over 40-70 boats, so you don't get drenched.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Rambunctious is going to have a better idea of the date for out poker run. I don't get too involved in the scheduling these days due to my work schedule. When a date is picked though, I publicize the heck out of it!!!!! As the month of August comes closer (it's 5 1/2 months away yet :mad) ) you will see it announced here on OSO.

Past OSO members that have participated are:

Rambunctious
Waterfoul
Traviss (passenger on Waterfoul)
TWright (passenger on Waterfoul)
Redstripe
BGIII

26 Scarab has been over here and basically run the route with us. Minus the card stops of course. The poker run course is about 22-24 miles long. The return trip is about 14 miles (run a straight line from Saugatuck to Holland on the way back). These distances include the no wake zones and, to and from the Lake Macatawa boat ramp (DNR ramp). So Traviss and Wette Vette might want to consider some sort of fuel arrangement by land in Saugatuck. I'd call this a good 40 mile round tripper by the time all is said and done. Not long by poker run standards, but we do it AFTER WORK on a week night and like to have every one home in time to go to work the next day!! LOL!!

Trav and Wette, I'm sure we can work something out for you as far as gas goes. I personally have 3 five gallon cans. Your welcome to borrow them.

'Foul
Old 03-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sounds like fun!!

Whenever I go out of town boating I always fill the tank and bring 3 or 4 full gas cans along, full of that $3.00 gas. If everything is still in one piece at that time, count me in.
Craig.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Registered

Wette Vette and others

I really think 27 gallons should easily be enough. total miles at full boar on lake michigan are about 16-18miles max
the rest is up the river to Saugatuck. i think my twins burn about 30gallons. maybe 35 round trip

I know this so far
Wednesday night
Middle of August
starts at 6:00pm sharp,
back to dock before 10:00pm

we were going to meet this last Friday to set our monthly fun run schedule and august poker run, but
".....work got in the way of getting the job done again!!!...."
Old 03-16-2003, 01:28 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Rob, I think we should have that meeting at the "hardware store" this coming Friday. But I can see Johnny and Todd saying no to that!!! LOL!!!

And fellas, don't let 'Bunctious fool you, he burns way more than 30 gallons on this trip trying to CATCH ME!!!! He had to cheat last year to do it (found the second card boat before I did, it was not in the right place!!!).
Old 03-16-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered

Only 40 mile? Thats maybe 5 gallons of gas at wot the whole time!! gotta love the 4.3
Old 03-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Registered

I have a stash of 5 gallon gas cans up north... about 22 of them if I remember Actually I don't see a problem. I have ran the bay a few times with good success with gas use. With the last motor it would use 16-20 gals for about 60 miles. Some no wake zones and the other time is spent WOT I'll have to see how this new motor takes to the gas mileage

You know we could put foul in a fire suit and make his boat the gas hauler

Foul..... can you predict any hot ladies that will be hot and wet waiting on the pier

Travis
Old 03-17-2003, 06:28 AM
Registered

waterfoul, who was in the wrong spot?????

i was the first to "find" that card stop wasn't I........?

It's not always brawn that wins, sometime a little brains helps too??? and BGIII could not catch me on the last leg to Saugatuck (although I conceeed he was gaining on me. all we saw was bow in the ski everytime we looked back.
What a riot!!!!! haven't laughed that hard in an while.

we "fired" that card stop boat captain, because he was way of his waypoint, drifting with a drink in his had. we just have'nt told him he is fired for next year because he is one of our VP's
Old 03-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Registered

SCOPE has a coastal run that can be run by smaller boats, no problem.

Quick Reply: Smaller boat poker runs ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.