Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: "AMERICAN TROOPS GET OUT!!! but not right now..." (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45379-ot-american-troops-get-out-but-not-right-now.html)

dockrocker 03-14-2003 09:51 AM

OT: "AMERICAN TROOPS GET OUT!!! but not right now..."

Anti-U.S. feeling fades in S. Korea

Change follows Rumsfeld’s suggestion of troop cut

By Doug Struck
THE WASHINGTON POST

SEOUL, March 14 — The anti-American demonstrations here have suddenly gone poof. U.S. soldiers are walking the streets of Seoul again without looking over their shoulders. The official line from the South Korean government is: Yankees stay here.
Full story...

Playn 03-14-2003 04:23 PM

Re: OT: "AMERICAN TROOPS GET OUT!!! but not right now..."

Originally posted by dockrocker
Full story...

Amazing how the world loves to hate us...until they think we may not be protecting them anymore:rolleyes:

Steve 1 03-14-2003 06:38 PM

Need to remove all our troops from Korea and let the them experience the joys of the north's big liberal all encompassing government and send some of our wackos there also.

GO4BROKE 03-14-2003 06:41 PM

With the lack of support from the rest of the world, I would like to see all our troops brought back home, and all foriegn aid stopped. Then we'll see everyone suddenly wanting to be our friends!

Allan4 03-14-2003 06:45 PM

Hey guys, when the bombs start falling you will see alot of sudden "freinds" join in on supporting the US. They know they need us to survive. Hell, we bailed out, protected, financed and rebuilt most of them.........ungreatful pricks.

Allan4 03-14-2003 07:16 PM

BTW, I did not see S Korea sending over troops to gaurd the New York harbors on Sept 12th.........typical double standard. I say let all these clowns survive on their own. We spend more $$ defending ungreatful nations than we do defending ourselves. Then when we try to defend ourselves, the left wingers start making a politiacl rally out if it, act like a bunch of traitors and undermine our efforts as a nation....i.e. NO protests when Clinton bombed the asprin factory (as said above).

You guys are right.....pull out and cut off foreign aid for about 6 months....then we will have to go in and play mop duty agian......fraggin joke.

Semper Fi 03-14-2003 09:13 PM

Originally posted by GO4BROKE
With the lack of support from the rest of the world, I would like to see all our troops brought back home, and all foriegn aid stopped. Then we'll see everyone suddenly wanting to be our friends!

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!! I WISH WE WOULD REALLY DO THIS!!

tripps 03-15-2003 12:38 PM

Well put allen!!!

WesSmith 03-15-2003 02:46 PM

What a surprise ! :rolleyes: :mad: