Notices

Girl that Drive Boats?

Old 10-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife won't but

The misses gets upset over 50mph so I have taught my 14 year old daughter to drive keeps me out of the throttles ... she hasn't docked yet but can manuver the boat well and she has run it at my wifes peek speed. Happy to say my daughter is now getting board with 50. especially when I take her and her friends out and run the boat in the 80's
Old 10-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered

My wive drives our boat all the time. She was going to drive the second leg of the chi town run but she said it was just to ruff. Her name is on the tittle so she pays half the bills just like me. We take turns when we go to loto, I drinks and she drives Friday night and Saturday night I drive and she drinks that night. Since we pull the boat with our semi on long runs I can't drink the night before we leave. All is fair, it is a family thing.
We love it when she is out running around kickin ass against those peske little fishin boats.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=THRILLSEEKER;2301877]
Originally Posted by FormulaOne
I Plus, she isnt too good at trimming the boat or throttling.

QUOTE]

Well if that aint the pot calling the kettle black.
Shouldnt you be in the "Does your girlfriend let you drive her boat" forum??
Old 10-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=FormulaOne;2303652]
Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER

Shouldnt you be in the "Does your girlfriend let you drive her boat" forum??
I let him drive occasionally

Of course I drive the boat. It's my boat. Thrill does a lot of the work on it for me that I can't do though so... he drives too. My dad always let me drive boats when I was a kid. I was driving the (at the time) Excalibur it and putting it on the trailer by the time I was 10 or so.

Last edited by DonziChick; 10-12-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

My wife can drive, get on plane, manuver around abit. She can't dock....but it is due to a lack of experience. She can handle the dually and 38 foot trailer all over the ramp, parking....backing in etc. Guys are always offering to help her and then she backs it down. It really is cool. I am going to teach her how to dock and drive more. She is a fast learner.....I just need to give her more opportunity. She also tows on the interstate some. Her biggest problem towing is that she wants to floor it all the time. I keep telling her....let the truck do the work!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I were a team. She drove, I throttled. Everything that happened, win, loose, dock, roll over... she was there. She has 'rookie of the year' ' driver of the year' 'National high points' ' kilo record' titles.
We would only fight when docking... Could not have done it without her.

She was only in the offshore boats here ...
Attached Thumbnails Girl that Drive Boats?-boat_collage_2.jpg  
Old 10-13-2007, 12:03 AM
good2go38
VIP Member

After teaching the wife to do all of the fun stuff (driving,docking and putting the boat on the trailer).
I back the boat and trailer in, unhook the winch, park the truck, get drinks, set the anchor when needed, tie the boat to the dock, go get the trailer, hook the boat back to the trailer, pull it up the ramp and wash the boat.
"I think I remember how to use the throttles, drives and steering wheel?" All kidding aside. It doesn't get any better than this!
Signed the BOAT BOY
Old 10-13-2007, 10:22 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

I wish my wife would take an interest in learning how to drive/control our boat. She say's she does not want to be responsible for damaging the boat - she's got a good point...

I plan on starting to teach my 11 yr old son the ropes next summer, he will take more of an interest for sure.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

I think that wives/regular girlfriends/boyfriends/husbands that are always on the boat should know how to run the boat in the event that something happens to the main driver. My mom does not enjoy driving but she's learned how to drive everything my dad ever bought just in case.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

She doesn't dock, but she can back the rig up at the ramp!
Attached Thumbnails Girl that Drive Boats?-2006pics-052.jpg   Girl that Drive Boats?-2006pics-054.jpg  

Quick Reply: Girl that Drive Boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.