Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: How about those Wildcats >

OT: How about those Wildcats

Notices

OT: How about those Wildcats

Old 03-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! Wasn't it Louisville that beat KY last?

Go Cards!

At least to the second round anyway.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

Yeah,

I was hoping that Louisville would be in our bracket again, too!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Default Bearcats out...

Sorry Allan4!!

Hugg's got ejected after 2nd technical in 2nd half - along with the Cincinatti radio announcer!! Apparently he ripped his headset off and began screaming at the ref after a bad call!!

It was reported that Huggins leaped into the air and landed on the court in a two-footed stomp to earn the first technical. Didn't this guy have a major heart attack less than a year ago? Watch the heart, Huggs, watch the heart!!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Registered

(1) Arizona 80, (16) Vermont 51

Bring it on Gonzaga....
Old 03-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Allan4

Default Re: Bearcats out...

Originally posted by Budman
Sorry Allan4!!

Hugg's got ejected after 2nd technical in 2nd half - along with the Cincinatti radio announcer!! Apparently he ripped his headset off and began screaming at the ref after a bad call!!

It was reported that Huggins leaped into the air and landed on the court in a two-footed stomp to earn the first technical. Didn't this guy have a major heart attack less than a year ago? Watch the heart, Huggs, watch the heart!!
HOSE JOB!!!! Have you ever heard of a radio guy getting kicked out? Am I the only person who thinks that is a bit odd?? Check out the following.....

Now....UC had a crappy year and if they would have made some shots they would have won today......but tell me this is not a total screw job.

Jason Maxiell gets mugged and knocked over in the lane.....gets called for a travel. Total blown call, just a bush league call. BAM.....Hugg's gets a T. He made one comment to the ref (albiet pretty loud and he did jump up and pound his feet on the floor), turned around and yelled at a player.........that is how he got his 1st T. He was not even talking to the *^&!%#*$!%!*%!) official when he got Teed up. Then, he did not even know what happened and his assistant had to tell him. Huggs get's his 2nd T within 20-30 seconds. THIS IS THE NCAA TOURNEY AND HE GETS RUN!!!!! He did not even say a cuss word!!!!!! If the ^(*^()%$__&%$&$ official cannot take the heat, he needs to find another job. You don't run a coach in the NCAA tourney unless he does something REALLY bad. Gripping about a call is not even close. Phuken ballshoot. Maybe.....MAYBE Huggs deserved the 1st T, who knows, but he did not by any stretch deserve to get run. What a joke. What an embarrassment.

Then......the radio color guy, Chuck Machock, (who I know and is very professional and pretty mild mannered and is a former Div 1 coach) gets thrown out of the building!!!!!?????!!!!! He did not "rip his headset off and start argueing a call". My Dad was there. He and the main radio commentator said the same thing. Machock stood up, took his head set off and yelled (without any cussing) "that was a terrible call...." or something to that extent.. (refering to the initial foul) The official said, you are gone and then the next timeout had him removed. Is this really the NCAA tourney or is this the Syrian pogostick championships?

Add to the fact that...GET THIS....Gonzaga went 28 of 37 from the free throw line.....UC went........7 of 10!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!!????!!!!!! THEY SHOT 27 MORE (^!(^)!(*&%^#%_+!!%*_ FREE THROWS!!! TELL ME THAT IS NOT A HOSE JOB!!! THIS IS THE NCAA TOURNEY FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!!!

It was aweful. UC lost the game, but you can't overcome 21 freebie points from the line. Just a total rook job, one of the worst I have ever seen. I am not saying this as a pissed off fan @ a loss, I am saying this as someone who is humiliated by a screwjob. UC was down by 12 after the 4 technical free throws and made a good run. We were down by 3 with about 45 seconds or so left in the game and had a good look at a 3, but it was tipped and recoverd by the Zags. In typical fashion, Tony Bobbit ran the wrong play...hence the tipped 3 point attempt. UC's fault they lost, should have made some shots, but still.........we got screwed. Period.

BTW....UC lost by 5.......remember the 4 freethrows off the 2 technicals, all 4 were made.....So, not only do they throw out the coach and radioguy and award them 27......TWENTY SEVEN more free throws and foul out two of our guys.....we only lose by 5 playing in freaking Utah @ 10:40am local time. Uuugghhhh, put me outta my misery, it wasn't just a bad call or two, the officials determined the outcome of that game, plain and simple. But, UC had a bad season and maybe did not even deserve to be in the dance anyway. If they had made some shots.........hmmmmm

21 more points from the line.......lunacy. Total hose job. Zags played a good game, congrats to them, hope they knock off Arizona.

And, man.... my polls are just trashed!!

I'm still infuriated as hell about that game. Thanks for the apology Budman....

Old 03-21-2003, 07:43 AM
Registered

I'm always amazed at the number of poor calls made in college basketball. I ask this: When a defender is standing straight up, with his hands up in the air, and the offensive player initiates contact when he puts up a shot, how can that be a foul on the defender? I see this call made again and again.

BTW Allan,

Sorry your team got hosed, but I doubt if too many UofL fans are feeling sorry for Cincinatti, especially after that game that they played up in Cinci, where there was a similar discrepancy of free throws in favor of the Bearcats. I think Pitino was ejected from that game...

Gotta love March Madness. I just hope the Cats can keep the streak alive for six more games...
Old 03-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Allan4

Budman, you are probably correct about UofL fans, but that game was not called badly, it was just physical as hell. It seemed like Pitino said "go out and push them around, we got more depth". Then he just never called them off. I was there, Pitino and crew was fouling like mad. It was pretty wild. Sure, there were some bad calls, but it was REALLY ugly on their part. TOns of fouls they let go as well. And remember....Pitino got tossed on purpose. He walked to the scorers table after his first T and grabbed the officials arm while the official was talking to the scorers table. He did this at about midcourt. Now THAT is how you get run!! HAHAHAHA..........

Upon reading articles this morning...the official said Hugg's ws not Teed for anything he said, it was for "leaving the coaches box" WTF...ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF S***. Coaches spend more time outta the box than in these days. His 2nd T was becasue he came out on the floor protesting his first T. What a mess.....uuggghhhhhhh

I'm still furious. If there is one thing I hate more than losing it is getting screwed..........although UC lost the game, they need to make shots and run the right plays!! NO excuse for that crap.

Good luck to your teams and polls.....have fun, see ya later.

Later

Old 03-27-2003, 08:44 PM
TulsaLarry

Well, it was sloppy but the Wildcats managed to beat Wisconsin to advance to the Big Eight. One more step toward the National Championship.

I really wish Tulsa had not given their game away to Wisconsin last weekend. Tulsa was ahead by 13 points with less than 4 minutes to go. A Kentucky Tulsa matchup would have been sweet.

Old 03-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Allan4

I remember Tulsa beat UC in the 2nd round in 2000 when Bill Self was still coaching. That loss hurt! I was pulling for Tulsa this year in the trouney, they beat a really good Dayton team, that was pretty impressive. I saw Dayton play 2 times in person this season, they were pretty good.

Pulling for Marquette right now. I think they can go to the Final 4.....

Old 03-28-2003, 09:30 AM
Allan4

UH OH!! MArquette neded up beating Pitt......what do ya think KY fans.....can you contain Dwayne Wade, shut down Robert Jackson and rattle Travis Deiner??

I picked this game in my polls.....unfortunately that is about the only one that I picked correctly.......

Bearcats start wieght room training Monday when they return from Spring Break.

Quick Reply: OT: How about those Wildcats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.