Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: How about those Wildcats >

OT: How about those Wildcats

Notices

OT: How about those Wildcats

Old 03-16-2003, 02:28 PM
TulsaLarry

Default OT: How about those Wildcats

Kentucky went undefeated in the SEC regular season play (first time for any team since the early 50s) and just finished going undefeated in the SEC Playoffs to beat Miss State. These guys are soooo good that they have to be the favorite going into the BIG DANCE. I'm a Big XII and Texas Tech Red Raider fan and almost feel guilty rooting for Kentucky.

Kentucky reminds me of the Chicago Bulls with Michael Jordan, I never was a Bulls fan but watched all their games I could just to watch Jordan.

Old 03-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Allan4

Wow, you are buried smack dab in the middle of Big XII country and you are talking about KY!!!!

Yes, they are very good, as much as I hate to say so. The Big XII is awesome though. My Bearcats of Cincinnati made their way in to their 12th straight NCAA appearance. #8 playing #9 Zags in the west. I don't like the looks of that, seeing as we have not been playing well at all and Gonzaga is typically a great tourney team. However, if we can make some shots, we can beat anyone in the country. We beat #5, #11 and #4 bymaking shots...infact, made it look easy. Too often though we shoot in the 30% range and look terrible. It has been an off year to say the least, 17-11, but a 32 RPI and 6th SOS. Even so, we are not used to losing here in Cincy.

TX Tech may have gotten screwed. I know they went 6-10 in the B12, but if Bama and lowly AUBURN made it.....geeeeezzzzzzz, I think the Red raiders are much superior to these teams. Hell, St Louis is better than those teams, even at 16 wins.

March Madness.......I LOVE IT!! I am a pure B-Ball junkie this time of year!!

Who are you pulling for since Knight's crew is NIT bound?

Old 03-17-2003, 04:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

YEA-BABY!!!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 08:00 AM
TulsaLarry

Originally posted by Allan4

TX Tech may have gotten screwed. I know they went 6-10 in the B12, but if Bama and lowly AUBURN made it.....geeeeezzzzzzz, I think the Red raiders are much superior to these teams. Hell, St Louis is better than those teams, even at 16 wins.

March Madness.......I LOVE IT!! I am a pure B-Ball junkie this time of year!!

Who are you pulling for since Knight's crew is NIT bound?
I'm not going to say that Tech got screwed because they did loose some games they shouldn't have but we did prove we can play with anybody by beating Colorado, Okie State in Stillwater, Texas and taking Oklahoma to overtime (we actually beat Oklahoma in Norman but their time keeper forgot to start the clock at the end of the game allowing Okla to score).

I am pulling for Kentucky. Tubby Smith used to coach the Tulsa Hurricane before going to Kentucky and Kelenna Azubuike played High School ball at a private school where my wife teaches so I do have some connection with the Kentucky team.

Good luck to all teams in the BIG DANCE!!!

Old 03-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Allan4

Yeah, that clock not starting was a total hose job. I still think tech should have made it over Auburn, they are just terrible.

KY is gonna be hard to beat, but it is hard to carry that long of a with streak, they need 5 more. Should be a great tourney, lots of 2nd round upsets. Look out for Memphis and Miss St., unless they are in the same bracket,I can't remember. Great time of year.

Here's a real bummer, UC plays THurs @ noon.....how bad does that suck. The entire tourney may be spoiled if they lose.....I hate being the first daggone game.

Oh well.....GO CATS.......Bearcats that is....

See ya, ALLAN

Old 03-18-2003, 01:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Go Wildcats!!!
Old 03-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Thumbs up Go Cats!!

All the way for NC #8!!!

I must say that I am getting a little nervous with everyone jumping on the Big Blue Bandwagon - don't want to see us get jinxed! The Cats definitely have the biggest bullseye on them right now. Oh well, they were picked to win it in '78 & '96 and they came through.

And to think I was ready to write this off as another 10 loss season back in November. Tubby really got it together!
Old 03-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Registered

Go Wildcats.....

AZ Wildcats that is....
Old 03-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

Steamin' Rice,

I hope we get to play you all in the Final 4. We owe you a little "payback" for spoiling out "threepeat" back in '97!
Old 03-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

We'll see...I'm always a little nervous watching Az in the first couple of rounds of the tournament...Even though it was too bad that they lost in the PAC 10 tournament last week, hopefully it will get them motivated to play well in the next few weeks...Should be fun to watch..

Quick Reply: OT: How about those Wildcats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.