Thanks Russ, Luck of the Irish Poker Run

Notices

Thanks Russ, Luck of the Irish Poker Run

Old 03-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks Russ, Luck of the Irish Poker Run

Wow, what a weekend ,First Poker Run of the year for us . I would recommend doing the next Poker Run that Russ (Bulletproof) puts on.We had a great time and best of all we met some of the best boaters. Pics to follow soon.
David Ledford

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 03-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did it perform for you ???
Thought about you all this weekend out enjoying the new boat
Old 03-17-2003, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to Russ Also

A big thanks goes out to Russ who put on a great St. Paddy's Day poker run. All of us had a ball. Hope to be back next year.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:50 PM
loosecannon22

yeah thanks russ, I only bent 6 pushrods and lost 1 rocker arm. but I think that leaving the boat on hilton head was better then fixing it on the water. I was getting sea sick after I pulled the manifolds and the valve covers, If that darn 1 lifter didnt pop out I would of hammered them back to shape and made it home. well heck, I might be the new owner of a certian 41 apache though, if i can find a place to keep it!! more details to follow. I am currently looking at insurance quotes and a storage facility.
Lisa realy doesnt care about insurance rates or where to keep it she just said " WE ARE BUYING IT!!!" I guess it could be worse.

Old 03-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Registered

Default Go For It Loosecannon22

You are just to lucky. Lisa said she does not need new clothes and jewelry, just a bigger boat. Most people just step up a couple of feet at a time. But you are saving a ton of money by going ahead and going on up without all the wasted money in between. Hope it works out for you. Enjoyed the weekend with you guys.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:20 PM
loosecannon22

As did we, I am sorry that I of all people slowed down the party but thanks for waiting!!! I have never broken down before boy it hurts!!! we have kept that little boat for 5 years and many poker runs, and poor lisa has kept her mouth shut though broken ribs, smashed face, lots of bruises and broken nails and never realy complained! our time is finaly coming and it was worth the wait!!! as a matter of fact the last couple of runs we went on she drove just to show me what she went through holding on to that rocket in the passenger seat!!!

Last edited by loosecannon22; 03-17-2003 at 07:22 PM.

Old 03-17-2003, 07:40 PM
Registered

Default Another Day on The Water

Loosecannon22, You did not hold up anyone. I hate that you broke though. You have been lucky to run for all those years and not broken down. I couldn't believe that you handled some of the water that we ran on Saturday. Hell, it was rough on some of my crew. Look forward to seeing your guys at the next event. I know we will be coming down to Fl. in the near future for a poker run. Hope you have the big boy by then. Good Luck
Old 03-17-2003, 07:48 PM
loosecannon22

Thanks again, It was fun meeting you guys, beleive me we will be there in something!! after years of driving that thing, all we know is that we spend more time out of the water then in it. I have never blown anything because I keep one hand on the go stick and the other on the beer I mean wheel. I let go of it for 2 seconds to correct for a larger wave and poof!! I knew it before we landed. I never should of taken off the rev limiter, but I just built that engine 5 hrs ago and said well, Ill be easy on it for this run. well, you know the end!!! It will be fixed tomorrow by this time. Its already out.

Old 03-17-2003, 08:07 PM
Registered

Hey guys pictures are on the way we just got the slot for them under poker runs section Thanks OSO.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Registered

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones this weekend and i really appreciate the kind words...i did the best i could. I only regret that mother nature didnt cooperate better for us! i will place my sunshine order a few more weeks in advance next time!! Luckily several boats got to stick around on sunday and see what tuned out to be a great afternoon of boating!!

Billy keep me informed on what develops, i will see you in a cpl of weeks for the daytona run!

Cant wait to see the pics yall got and the one w/ me and the marine patrol especially!!!

Quick Reply: Thanks Russ, Luck of the Irish Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.