Are most OSO'ers White Republicans?

Notices

Are most OSO'ers White Republicans?

Old 03-21-2003, 10:24 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nort-

You amaze me! You hit the nail on the head this time, I am just to lazy to log in under my own name.

Terra
Old 03-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Allan4

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PhantomChaos
[B]Let me take a look at this thread again.......

Yes, it kind of makes me feel poor when somebody has to say……..“hey, who is _________ (in this case; white-male-republican) like me”. In this case, it comes off as racist to me. It is further accentuated when it is combined with references to “race”, “political orientation” and “sexual” orientation. This kind of post is even further out of place on a “boating” website!

Like TooOld, I don’t think of myself as being too Politically Correct (PC), and TinkerBoater am not looking for a “slant” to this, it just popped out at me. Allen4, you’re right, I don’t like the thread for the reasons I’ve implied here………besides, if we asked “who here is Asian” we know for sure who one of them would be.

I can laugh at myself all the time (see Avatar). Regarding the weekend……the weather will be here, but I have a feeling that I will not have the time to boat. L

Nort........Good response, but we disagree. I guess we just look at it differently, but I donot find there to be anything racist about any of this. To say publically that I am "1, 2, 3 and 4" does nothing to suggest anyone is a racist, by any form of imagination in my opinion. To me it just screams PC and telling somebody else what they can and cannot say about themselves. That comes accross as pretty dangerous to me, infact, down right appalling. As far as placement in this site, I guess that is up to each person to decide. We ask questions about jobs, size of boats, incomes, where we live, where we boat, political affiliation, marital status, family info.....etc.....but as soon as skin
color comes up people are immediately labeled as a racist....it makes no sense to me.

Having said that, I appreciate your view on this. I certainly recognize your humor, your pics are hilarious, certianly youare one of the funnier folks on OSO. That thread about you being short (see avatar again) was a riot. You were a good sport about it. Thanks for the reply cheif, enjoy the waves......

Okay....I'll shutup now.....like I say....Just damn gald to be here.. Later everyone.

Old 03-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I sure didn't see anything wrong with this thread untill it was made into a racist isue. YOU turned it into a racist isue not the originator or the majority of people reading it. People that are touchy look for something to be touchy about.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Come on, guys...

If you can't even discuss these things, that's pretty weak.

Mere mention of race, doesn't make one racist! If you want to live a sheltered life and never discuss such things so be it.

I enjoy learning a little bit about all my OSO acquaintences and friends. Why is this any different than where we went to school or where we live, or what we think about the war?
Old 03-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Daze,

I agree. If everyone could just DISCUSS these things that would be great. I am not very religious or very political, so peoples views and comments don't offend me personally. But as we have seen too many times threads of politics, religion etc.. get way to out of hand. They are a little too personal for some and then a big arguement arises. Then when names and vulgarities start flying, we lose. Who gains? So if you know a topic is sure to start something shouldn't we try not to antagonize it? I wouldn't come on here and say Apaches are pieces of sh!t because it is rude and disrespectful of those without those views, but shouldn't I be able to say it on this open forum without people ripping me apart? Yes I should, but it will never happen so why do it. It comes down to reality. We should all be able to say what we want, but you know that is not the case. So why start something sure to cause this much commotion? Just the way I see how society acts and reacts.

I have had many conversations about religion and politics, but I leave them for more appropriate times (parties, friends, less public places).

I guess then when the Dixie Chicks singer made those comments, we should not of criticized her? She does after all have the right to say what she wants. ( I, by the way am pissed she did what she did) Why are so many pissed at her? Did she say something at the wrong time in front of too many people? In my opinion, yes! I think most of us think she did wrong by stating her views in such a public display. How is displaying your political and Religious views on the internet much better? Just the way I see people complain of ones actions and yet doing much the same on their own. This is why we can never seem to know what is OK to say or not.

ET

Last edited by EvilTwin; 03-21-2003 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Are most OSO'ers White Republicans?

Originally posted by Robert Geoghegan
After reading various postings it appears that most on this site are White Republicans. Is this accurate? Not that we need another poll, but it would be interesting to hear from any "minorities" that may be on this site. What do you think?
NO I AM A BLACK DONKEY
Old 03-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Good points, Evil.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you Nick.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by catmando
Geoghegan knew before he put up this thread...
You know what he thinks?

...almost ALL OSO'ers are Republicans...
Perhaps. Perhaps, not. Certainly this thread might shed some light on that. So what!
Besides establishing a fact, this thread has done nothing wrong.

...Maybe they'll show up in my thread. Maybe not...
Have you seen your thread lately?

Last edited by Baja Daze; 03-21-2003 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe some Racial wackos will show up for ole commie cat

Quick Reply: Are most OSO'ers White Republicans?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.