Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Apple Computer says Al Gore joins its board (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45826-ot-apple-computer-says-al-gore-joins-its-board.html)

bajadude 03-20-2003 08:24 AM

OT: Apple Computer says Al Gore joins its board

CUPERTINO, Calif., March 19 (Reuters) - Al Gore, former U.S. vice president and Democratic presidential candidate, has joined the board of Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL), maker of the sleek Macintosh line of personal computers, the company said on Wednesday.

Gore, known as one of the most technologically savvy U.S. politicians and an early backer of public funding for the Internet, was voted onto the Cupertino, California-based company's board at its meeting earlier on Wednesday.

"Al brings an incredible wealth of knowledge and wisdom to Apple, from having helped run the largest organization in the world -- the United States government," Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs said in a statement. "Al is also an avid Mac user and does his own video editing in Final Cut Pro."

Gore, who helped popularize the phrase "Information Superhighway," said in a statement that he had been particularly impressed with Apple's Mac OS X operating system and the company's commitment to the open-source software movement.

Wonder what he'll invent at Apple? :rolleyes:

CigDaze 03-20-2003 08:29 AM

Re: OT: Apple Computer says Al Gore joins its board

Originally posted by bajadude
"...Al brings an incredible wealth of knowledge and wisdom to Apple..."
LMAO! :D:D:D

Uh oh...Watch out PC users, we may now have to compete with apples and apple cores, I mean gores...

dockrocker 03-20-2003 09:40 AM

In related news, Apple announced that they are dropping the work 'think' from their "Think Different" advertising campaign.

LapseofReason 03-20-2003 09:49 AM

I can't wait to see the Apple dimpled chad vote counting computer.

But after all he did invent the Internet.

How many time's do you think he'll make the count the votes at a 20 person board meeting.

WesSmith 03-20-2003 09:55 AM

I just put my sell order in on the stock.....:rolleyes: :(

Sean 03-20-2003 09:57 AM

but didn't he invent the apple computer?:rolleyes: :eek: :D

Cincinnati Race 03-20-2003 09:59 AM

Then I will sell the Apple and buy a Dell

Sonic30ss 03-20-2003 10:08 AM

WAIT a minute, aren't computers made of large amounts of plastic???? Isn't plastic a petroleum based product ?, aren'tmany computers torn apart in third world countries, leaving behind toxic substances, illness and pollution, and very little $$ for the unfortunates who do this to survive?????
HMMMMMMM how could a professed liberal, become part of this capitolistic plot, and reap financial benifits.......Oh thats right his family already made enough from tobacco(the devil weed)
Al where are your Liberal ethics now that you need a job ?