Notices

OT - Dixie Chicks

Old 03-21-2003, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

I know several people associated with different levels in the country music industry.

The overwhelming sentiment over the DXC comment is true shock. Whether anti-Bush, anti-war, or anti-anything, all are truly astounded.

A close friend is a member of a noteworthy 6-person group, and he agrees that any member of a group must exercise EXTREME caution when making any statement regarding politics, religion, or any other hot topic. He claims that it is their publicists job to forward all new "current event" topics to them. They then discuss these topics as a group and decide if they have a majority opinion on the topic. If they do, then they agree how they will ALL address the issue. If they do NOT share a majority opinion, then they agree to NOT address the issue in a public forum or interview format. They share common views on religion (they are all religious, although not all of the same faith), drug and alcohol use (most of them are casual drinkers, but no drunks and no drugs, and never drinking "in uniform"). Friend claims that the two DXC sisters are trying to distance themselves from Maines's comments, but he blames THEM for allowing the situation to get out of control. He says in a group with wealthy out-of-touch performers (which he does not dismiss himself from) that the performers themselves are the only ones who have the ability to control each other (all others around them are merely YESmen (or YESwomen), which gives the performers an incorrect feeling of always being "right".

Another relative works with many performers and he says that Natalie is getting called names we have never dreamed of. One (who does have a patriotic song on the charts right now) makes her cry any time he can make eye contact with her.

HHEEEEE heeee HEEEEE haAAAaAA !
I love it.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:21 AM
BTJ88

Both country stations in Muskegon keep playing the Ungrateful Chicks despite protest. The larger station's program director was interviewed on the news the other night and actually stated that even if there was an overwhelming demand from the vast majority of listeners - he would still countinue to play thier songs. What a prick! I don't listen to country all the time, but when I do, you can guess what station I won't be listening to.

Old 03-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey TOP......LMAO . I get it.....SOUND advice.......

Hey Jon, was that a Mr. Tux rental ???????
Old 03-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could understand their statements if their fans were hippies from the 60's, but I can't think of a MORE PATRIOTIC group than Country Music fans!

I say that they have a right to speak their beliefs, but I also say that I have a right to NOT spend any money on their products.

They may have just committed "career suicide"!
Old 03-21-2003, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

new and improved
Attached Thumbnails OT - Dixie Chicks-saddamnatalie21a.jpg  

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 03-24-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

LMAO!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No top in the second one I had to get away from the FAT CHIC cuz I was gona hurt her!!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:10 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow Jon in a tie! Now that is funny!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:45 AM
Allan4

mcollnstn.....cool info!! Nothing like the real deal when it comes to information. I am very proud at the public reaction to this.....funny how CNN won't cover this, just like the 10,000 people at a pro USA ralley in Rickmond VA yesterday they downplay. 10K people!!! CNN was there to cover it, but I haven't heard much about it on the national news...have you?? However, I sure heard about the 250 vets in Washington protesting against the war. Keep in mind that of the 10K in Richmond, over 1,000 were vets. MEDIA BIAS!!!!

So....now......is the media really a liberal bias....!!??!!