Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT HELP Sea Wall work (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/45998-ot-help-sea-wall-work.html)

Erie Desire 03-22-2003 12:04 PM

HELP need Sea Wall work

Does anybody know of someone who installs/repairs seawalls in the Detroit area? I'm in Gibraltar MI.
BTW...I wouldn't hire Hurst Marine to cut my lawn...So he's out!

J-BOAT 03-22-2003 01:17 PM

Concrete, wood, or sheet piles?

Erie Desire 03-22-2003 03:12 PM

Sheets.
What happened (over the winter) is... water got behind the seawall then froze, and it pushed the seawall out about 6 inches. Now I need someone to come in and cut the tie-backs, dig down behind the seawall to try to pull it back some,then backfill.

J-BOAT 03-23-2003 12:28 PM

Erie, I'll check monday for your area, through King in my area.

Dredgeking 03-23-2003 07:06 PM

i can hook you up with marine contractors, but they don't do residential work unless it $1,000,000 or more. most likely you can find a residential guy in the yellow pages.

j boat, are you talking about randy king? i used to compete against him when i was on the lakes.

Cord 03-23-2003 08:47 PM

We have a contractor that we are using on a local project. They are called Gillen. I'm pretty sure they would do a job on your side; but I'm not sure because of the small size. The wall that they are working on for us also has been pushed out, but they are able to pull it back in using the existing tie backs. They also added some new ones that are tied in the buildings pilings. They were pulling so hard on the tie backs that it actually MOVED the building 3"! That's no BS! They actually moved a 4 story building on 60' piles!

J-BOAT 03-24-2003 04:42 AM

Dean King, we've worked with him quite a bit in years past, on bridges, dams and marine work.

Erie Desire 03-24-2003 08:29 AM

Thanks for all the input. J-BOAT Do you have a contact number for Mr.King?

Dredgeking 03-24-2003 08:31 AM

dean might be the father, i think randy is the son. it's been a while. i could have it backwards.

gillen is an excellent company, but they work mostly from land and mostly in the wisonsin area and they do sheet pile and other pile driving. used to compete against them also. used to be a good family business. haven't talked to them in quite some time.

Dredgeking 03-24-2003 08:33 AM

erie, it's cost more in mobilization for king to come to your side of the state than the project would cost unless he is already working in the area. mobilization is usually a big cost when everything has to be towed from project to project. a local guy with a little barge could come in and mob for pennies compared to some of the bigger guys.