Notices

Extreme Boats Magazine

Old 03-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme Boats Magazine Problem

Just found out WHY everyone is getting their mags at such a different time! My better half worked 15 years at the post office and since I got my issue FINALLY today I asked her to take a look at the thing....These were sent 3rd class. Almost all periodicals are sent 2nd class...3rd class means that it is only sorted and sent when there is room on the trucks. If the trucks are full (common) the mag sits......Also 3rd class is sent GROUND. 2nd class means that it is sent by AIR and is not held back at the post office or mail sorting centers......It will be an ongoing problem for everyone if the magazine is sent 3rd class. You could get it 2-3 weeks late. Also I understand you can not send the magazines 2nd class untill they get the permit for 2nd class mail...Most companys get the permit first and then publish but not all. The permit can take several months to get. If the magazine is the only one the company publishes and or it is a new company it can take several months to even get the permit to send it 2nd class.....SOOOOOO Question is Whats up are they going to be a second class delivery publication or a 3rd Class......
Here's hoping that the permit "is in the mail" cause 3rd Class just won't cut it.......By the way the magazine is GREAT....Hope everything gets worked out......

Bad-Habit

Last edited by BAD-HABIT; 03-23-2003 at 04:33 AM.