Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Charlie Daniels' Open Letter to the Hollywood Bunch (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46020-ot-charlie-daniels-open-letter-hollywood-bunch.html)

bajadude 03-22-2003 06:56 PM

OT Charlie Daniels' Open Letter to the Hollywood Bunch

"Charlie Daniels' Open Letter to the Hollywood Bunch"

OK - Let's just say for a moment you bunch of pampered, overpaid, unrealistic children
had your way and the U.S.A. didn't go into Iraq.

Let's say that you really get your way
and we destroy all our nuclear weapons
and stick daisies in our gun barrels
and sit around with some white wine and cheese and pat ourselves on the back,
so proud of what we've done for world peace.

Let's say that we cut the military budget to
just enough to keep the National Guard
on hand to help out with floods and fires.

Let's say that we close down our military bases all over the world and bring the troops home, increase our foreign aid and drop all the trade sanctions against everybody.

I suppose that in your fantasy world this would create a utopian world where everybody would live in peace. After all, the great monster, the United States of America, the cause of all the world's trouble
would have disbanded it's horrible military
and certainly all the other countries of the world would follow suit.

After all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries from the mean old U.S.A.

Why you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical,
idiotic, spoiled mugwumps. Get your head out of the sand and smell the Trade Towers burning.

Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the people of the U.S.A. didn't have the nerve or the guts to fight him?

Barbra Streisand's fanatical and hateful rankings about George Bush makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing.

You people need to get out of Hollywood
once in a while and get out into the real world. You'd be surprised at the hostility you would find out here.

Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked, long distance truck driver that you don't think Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong.

Tell a farmer with a couple of sons in the military that you think the United States
has no right to defend itself.

Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war rally and see what the folks down there think about you.

You people are some of the most disgusting examples of a waste of protoplasm I've ever
had the displeasure to hear about.

Sean Penn, you're a traitor to the United States of America. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy. How many American lives will your little, "fact finding trip" to Iraq cost? You encouraged Saddam to think
that we didn't have the stomach for war.

You people protect one of the most evil men
on the face of this earth and won't lift a finger to save the life of an unborn baby.
Freedom of choice you say?

Well I'm going to exercise some freedom of choice of my own.

If I see any of your names on a marquee,
I'm going to boycott the movie. I will completely stop going to movies if I have to.
In most cases it certainly wouldn't be much of a loss.

You scoff at our military whose boots you're not even worthy to shine.

They go to battle and risk their lives so ingrates like you can live in luxury.

The day of reckoning is coming when you will be faced with the undeniable truth that the war against Saddam Hussein is the war on terrorism.

America is in imminent danger.
You're either for her or against her.
There is no middle ground.

I think we all know where you stand.
What do you think?

God Bless America!

Shane 03-22-2003 07:00 PM

BRAVO!!!!!!!!

bajadude 03-22-2003 07:03 PM

check out his web site (especially the opening song)

Charlie Daniels

The soap box stuff is right on!

Steve 1 03-22-2003 08:54 PM

Charlie is the Man!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Playn 03-22-2003 08:57 PM

Nice site!!:D

Ron P 03-22-2003 09:02 PM

Why do these people in Hollywood thing thier opinion matters or that anyone cares to hear thier thoughts?

Idiots

R Addiction 03-22-2003 09:09 PM

Go Ahead Charlie!!!:hothead:

The man who bought us " The Devil went down to Georgia" My wife and I love this song!!!!:cool:

Playn 03-22-2003 09:18 PM

Originally posted by catmando
Daniels is another Chickenhawk. :mad: Stayed home and twanged his gee-tar while troops his age fought and died in the 'Nam.:mad: :mad: And he was completely healthy too.:mad:
For clarification, are you saying that he dodged the draft or are just calling him a chickenhawk because his number wasn't called?

Dusty Times 03-22-2003 09:47 PM

I think he would be proud to go now if he was called (even at his age).

Atleast he doesn't't protest the true meaning of America. Not pointing fingers at anybody that does.:hothead:

KAAMA 03-22-2003 10:58 PM

RIGHT ON!!!

No one wants to die---but freedom, liberty and peace DON'T come cheaply!

Tinkerer 03-22-2003 11:06 PM

CAT -- Has your way of thinking changed in the last 30 years -I know mine has. Why do you cut down EVERYONE that is standing up for our government??? What is in someones past isn't always relevent. How someone acts NOW is what is really important. You cut down everyone on our side but You never say a bad word about anyone on the left. What are your thoughts about DASHLE-- Why is he still Minority leader??? Trent Lott was drumed out of his leadership role for saying much less. If I hear a republican say something stupid I will be the first one to speak my mind and call it what it is.

fobes 03-23-2003 12:45 AM

Well said !

mcollinstn 03-23-2003 08:38 AM

Sorry, Catman.

I can't speak for the ENTIRE U.S. military, but the six men I personally know who are now involved overseas in the Iraqi Freedom theater were all ITCHING to go. Piss and Vinegar. Hellbent and Heaven Driven (yeah, thought you'd like that one).

Four of these six were involved in Desert Storm and are EXTREMELY GLAD they are getting an opportunity to return and properly wrap up the original task.

I do not question at ALL that you may be acquainted with literally THOUSANDS of terrified reluctant soldiers who are not only questioning the reasoning for the war but are most likely anti-war to their very marrow. I feel that these represent the ones looking for "free" college money and a stint for cash in a peaceful world. While I am certainly appreciative that they joined our military and are available right now to offer their hands, hearts, eyes, and selves to protect our country's principles, I also feel that they are soldiers for all the WRONG reasons. I watch the TV and get nauseous when I see reservists and others crying becaust they have been activated. Bless their hearts, they only joined up for the extra money - not to actually do anything useful...

It's simple, the soldiers are all VOLUNTEERS. They were adults when they signed on, and understood that there were certain risks of active confrontation. I refuse to bend to the insinuation that we have scads of soldiers over there wondering WHY we are there. This is NOT Vietnam, and certainly will not be left unfinished.

The soldiers that I know are working hard to serve their country proudly. I can puff my chest out and tell you their names.

Tell me about the soldiers that YOU know, Cat.
By the way, what is that guy's name who grenaded his commanders? Isn't he a friend of yours?

(I'm fighting with myself about whether to backspace over that cause I do know that you really aren't anti american, just kind of misguided in an odd sort of atheistic leftwinger bleedingheart taxhappy illegalalienloving affirmativaction humanrightsdrunk sort of way. I'm kind of feeling bad that I put that in there. But not bad enough to erase it, at least not right now. Maybe I'll come back later and take it out...)

mcollinstn 03-23-2003 08:47 AM

And oh yeah,

It's not okay for Charlie Daniels to write logical, easy-to-follow (and sometimes overly enthusiastic) dissertations on exactly why the leftleaning outspoken are so obviously misguided because he did not carry belts of M-50 ammo thru the jungle and smoke pot in a foxhole

BUT

It's okay for George Clooney to elaborate on why it is okay to allow Saddam Hussein to continue to assemble his war and terror machine because he had previously played a superhero in a movie (I thought he sucked as Batman, I liked Keaton much better).

Gee, that makes so much perfect sense.

Tinkerer 03-23-2003 09:36 AM

WELL SAID
OH---CAT you didn't answer my question about DASHLE

Steve 1 03-23-2003 09:45 AM

Tinker that's Das Hole the wimp

IceAngel 03-23-2003 09:53 AM

Tell me Cat, do you get lots of splinters from hugging so many trees? Is that why you are so cranky??? Sorry but I just had to ask.:D :eek:

Tinkerer 03-23-2003 10:27 AM

CAT--- No comments about DASHLE??????

mcollinstn 03-23-2003 09:59 PM

Cat, I deserved that.

But that doesn't make me wrong...

(and yes, I usually go by mookie)

Allan4 03-23-2003 10:25 PM

Cat, where was the leftist OUTRAGE when Suddam waskilling 1.5 million muslims in the last 20 years? What about the OUTRAGE at the apparent torture and execution of our troops in the last 24hours!!!! IS THAT A HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION!!!!!?????? WHERE IS THE RAINBOW PUSH COALITION!!!!???!!!???!!!!!

Political agenda bastards around the world look pretty stupid right about now.....again........

fountain1fan 03-24-2003 08:56 PM

cd for pres he's got my vote

deboatmon 03-24-2003 10:12 PM

Cat, you clearly don't know Charlie Daniels. I toured with him for many years. He is a deeply religous and patriotic man.

I spent this past Wednesday ( 19th ) with him. He led a prayer and patriotic message before a huge crowd.

He will also kick your ass for calling him a chickenhawk.

OkieTunnel 03-24-2003 10:41 PM

Did anybody go to the site Catman listed? Pres. Bush should just order a jet (Which could get into the sky in mere seconds because the pilot doesn't live in a house , or barracks or anything, he simply lives in the cockpit of an airplane which is already started and sitting at the end of a runway) to jump into the sky and intercept a CIVILIAN airliner BELIEVED to have been hijacked. Oh yea, then he has to just blow it out of the sky. Isn't that standard procedure for all hijacked planes? Prior to 911 thats what any reasonable person would do right?

I can't believe how stupid some people are!

seanclong 03-25-2003 02:45 PM

Charlie Daniels isn't even relevant. He's an overweight, over-the-hill, no-talent fur-ball on a 401k tour. Surely we can find someone a little more contemporary? What a joke this even became a discussion.:eek:

mr_velocity 03-25-2003 04:02 PM

Best just to leave the cat alone. He just shows how deep his head is burried in every thread, including this one. In one of the other threads he claims to have made lots of money under Clinton and lost it all under Bush. Well take a look at the last 6 years in the stock market. You didn't make money with Clinton, you made money cause people like Lay, Ebbers, Nachio and others were scamming the public and you just happen to be along for the ride. Or was that just part of Clinton's economic program?

Waterfoul 03-25-2003 05:18 PM

I promised myself I'd never get involved in another political thread on this site. But Cat, your making it hard to keep that promise.

Tinkerer 03-25-2003 09:18 PM

STILL NO COMMENTS FROM CAT ABOUT DASHLE

Steve 1 03-25-2003 09:43 PM

Yeah Tom Das-Hole (the Senates version of Pee Wee Herman) made a comment about the war on terror calling it Chicken **** .

But I am sure he was commenting about his-own or his father's courage.

Here http://jewishworldreview.com/michael/ledeen.html

Steve 1 03-25-2003 10:26 PM

Right on Mr Offshore simply put it's" the wonder of it all " that pauses me to think.

Allan4 03-26-2003 10:43 AM

Nice......very nice.

Luvoffshore 03-26-2003 02:43 PM

This one is to you MrOffshore and is my feelings also!!!!

How someone can look at the simplest thing like an ant and not believe in a superior power is beyond me. I've been on the water at sunset...alone...watching the sun set over the water...the sky glowing red orange with every color imaginable in the sky and water...this is when I have my most religious experiences...this is when I am closest to God.

Report this post to a moderator