Were do you keep your anchor?

Notices

Were do you keep your anchor?

Old 03-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
I guess since you're a lake dweller, you do that. If you really went "offshore"............you certainly wouldn't want to do that (unless you want to see the end of it sticking out through the gelcoat).
As I understand the SCOPE crew does not carry them. To much weight?

Hey Audacity I will help ya feel at leaste a little better. Buddy of mine was out on his Hustler with outboard. He blew the motor and was stuck but did not really realize were he was (pitch black night). Well he calls me up and asks me to get his trailer. I get to the ramp and it was locked onto the truck and he had the keys for the car and trailer with him. So I break out the hack saw and lucky for me and him it was a brass lock, so I was through it in no time. I then with my buddy head down to ramp me towing my boat and my buddy towing the other trailer down to the closest ramp. We get my boat in the water and go out to see Donnald. Well by this time Donnald is tanked as he has been drinking since he blew the engine. I pull up along side and jump out of my boat. You should have seen his eyes as he thought he was in like 60 feet of water and we were in about 3. He then proceeds up to the bow and tosses all his anchor line in the water I searched around for it but could not find it. Guess we drifted in the wind a bit

I was looking at putting mine on the wall in the head. Blow boaters have these really sweet anchor holders that I was thinking would work well. I almost never use the head and even took the chitter out of there so it is just a place that I store life jackets and stuff like that anyhow.

Jon
Old 03-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Were do you keep your anchor?

Originally posted by Dave M
I have been keeping my anchor and other tackle in a plastic "rubbermaid " storage container in my cabin. It works OK but it takes up space and I noticed that the ends of my anchor actually broke through the plastic. I don't really like to keep stuff in my engine compartment. I'm afraid of it coming loose and when I have passengers in the back it is not real convienent to get too. My old boat (non-performance) had an anchor locker which was nice but not many HP have them. Anybody have any great ideas?
Dave,
This is a GREAT thread. I was just wondering the same thing just last night. I hope to get some really good ideas from this thread.
Thanks!!!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 10:18 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ON THE DOCK...
WHO NEEDS ONE WHEN YA HAVE GARY ANDERSON!!!!!! LOL
JUST KIDDIN' GARY...
REGARDS
Old 03-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep mine in a Rubber-Maid as well inside the engine compartment since mine is only a single. I mounted two battery box strap holders in the deck and I sset the box inside on the starboard side. I then hook two bungee cords and connect them in the top middle. It has gone thru the roughest of water and never broke the box nor slid in against the engine. Keeps it out of the cockpit and cuddy area and I'll store extra bumpers in there for raft-up situations....