Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Poker Run 2003 Best View (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46222-nyc-poker-run-2003-best-view.html)

JROMY2 03-25-2003 10:53 AM

NYC Poker Run 2003 Best View

I just relocated to Manhattan and have never been to the NYC Poker Run. I probably won't have a boat here, so where would everyone recommend watching, etc. Thanks

Shane 03-25-2003 11:18 AM

I have always participated in the run but have a wedding to attend this year:mad: :mad: :hothead: :hothead: I have heard the best place is atop one of the parking garages along the West Side Highway. If you want to mingle among the participants and get the real close up look, you have to take the Chelsea Piers ferry (called the Chelsea Screamer) across to liberty landing marina.

tripps 03-25-2003 05:23 PM

The best place i have found is the 40th parking garage on the westside hwy. third level is hard to get to it by car,you park on 2 and walk up to 3,one time they woundnt let us up on 3,i parked on the ramp,the maintence man crashed his wagon thru the gate,by mistake,and then i drove up to the 3rd level!! Oh yea,BYOB.Now if you want to hang out with some fans on the NY side,go to chelsa piers,there is a bar there.Now the Jersey side is very cool,lotsa boats,babes,brews,and the red boat at libertylanding has GOOD food. There is a ferry that goes there from NY by battery park 5.00 a head one way. Go to the NY race in sept 7 we usually go up there(40th parking garage) then to little Italy. we have fun sea ya tripps

tripps 03-25-2003 05:23 PM

The best place i have found is the 40th parking garage on the westside hwy. third level is hard to get to it by car,you park on 2 and walk up to 3,one time they woundnt let us up on 3,i parked on the ramp,the maintence man crashed his wagon thru the gate,by mistake,and then i drove up to the 3rd level!! Oh yea,BYOB.Now if you want to hang out with some fans on the NY side,go to chelsa piers,there is a bar there.Now the Jersey side is very cool,lotsa boats,babes,brews,and the red boat at libertylanding has GOOD food. There is a ferry that goes there from NY by battery park 5.00 a head one way. Go to the NY race in sept 7 we usually go up there(40th parking garage) then to little Italy. we have fun sea ya tripps

tripps 03-25-2003 05:25 PM

OOOPs :D :D :D

LapseofReason 03-25-2003 05:28 PM

Get a real hot chick or striper and go to the dock's before the start and find a boat that isn't full, instant ride.

rtaylor 03-25-2003 08:00 PM

I was and still am without a boat. I went the day before to Liberty Landing and cried poor and got a few offers to ride. I rode in a Velocity and made some nre friends. Try it, boaters are friendly, even if they think they are bad asses.

JROMY2 03-26-2003 06:57 AM

Thanks everyone