Notices

Spring Cleaning/Detailing

Old 03-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Spring Cleaning/Detailing

It is that time of year (for us in the Northeast) to start detailing.

How about some suggestions for detailing products
(ie: wax, bilge cleaner, rub rail cleanser, etc.)

Specifically the bilge and transom.

My favorite for the interior is Crazy Klean - works awesome on the bolsters and sun cushion/engine hatch
Old 03-26-2003, 10:19 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Krazy Klean

where can we find it, and what is its intended use? (such as toilet cleaner, etc.)
I'm always up for trying new stuff...
Old 03-26-2003, 11:38 AM
Mr. Demeanor

I dump some water and a bottle of Simple Green in the bilge and go boating. It sloshes around and breaks up the grime. Then dump and dispose when I pull it out. Leaves a nice fresh smell as well.

Old 03-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Wesleys bleach white (usually used on tires) to clean my vinyl and it works very well. I do take caution not to hit the seams with it though as I believe it has bleach and/or other corrosives in it.....careful not to get any on the carpet.

For the hull I've used West Marines hull cleaner.....is an acid though so you'll need rubber gloves. Just use it full strength and apply with a sponge...let it sit a minute or two and spray it off. It does wonders to those waterline stains as well as exhaust residue on the transom.

I've never had a dirty bilge so I don't know what to use. The simple green sounds like a good idea as it is environmentally friendly....at least more than any other cleaner out there I think.....I would imagine some of the citrus/orange cleaners out there would work well for this application too as they are biodegradable also.

I use Meguiars 3 step on all my vehicles for waxing puposes....cleaner, polisher, and carnuba wax.......is a pain but only do it a couple times per year per vehicle and it looks SO nice when completed!!!!!

I've seen someone using the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze "Quick Clean Marine" to spray on after boating in fresh water and cleans to a beautiful finish....I will probably use this year as well!!!!
Old 03-26-2003, 09:18 PM
wetpleasure

Iam a big simple green fan. I usually mix some simple green with water and brush it in to the vinle then wipe clean. I also like the little green machine for the polstery in the cabin and the carpets.