Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I started my drivers ed classes last night... >

I started my drivers ed classes last night...

Notices

I started my drivers ed classes last night...

Old 03-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I started my drivers ed classes last night...

I started them last night..what a bunch of crap...24 hours, of being told that if i talk on a cell phone while driving i am going to die in a crash then. if i listen to the radio in the car i will die in a crash then. if i have people in the car with me, i am going to die in a crash then. my only question is why havent I died yet? I would think the speeds above 80 were more dangerous than the radio being on!!

only 22 hours more, then in cars, then license....
Old 03-25-2003, 02:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up better listen......seriously

If your telling us that your 15 years old or your driving for the first time - YOU HAD BETTER LISTEN! I've had many friends die at early ages in cars! Be safe- LISTEN & LEARN! BH
Old 03-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Registered

I know its dangerous and all, and am more cautious that most people on the road. I put my seatbelt on before the car is started even.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Registered

My advice, Find the biggest cheep piece of s@#t on the road and start saving for a boat
Old 03-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Registered

That class was the biggest load of chit I ever had to do. I took DE at school and basically slept through the whole thing and got a b+ basically all they want you to learn is use common sense.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking right on the money

ScottB -

Great Advice - BH
Old 03-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was in high school, 1970-74, a student had to be in their Junior or Senior year to take Drivers Ed. I was in my Sophomore year when I turned 16.5 and wasn't allowed to take the class.
How'd I learn to drive? Working for my borther in-law during the summer months driving tadem axle diesel dump trucks around his construction sites. Sometimes he'd send me on errands with the company station wagon. I was 14 when I started and had to be 16.5 for a learners permit in Jersey.
After that my mother taught me how to survive on the street.
We took a trip to Atlantic City once and I drove back, at 120 MPH on the Garden State Parkway. Yes, I was almost 17 and still on the learners permit. Mom had a real heavy foot, and I inherited it.

Any how, take the course, learn all you can. PAY ATTENTION!!!
Driving safely is really important. Remember, you'll be driving a 3000+ pound killing machine.

In 30 years of driving I've had 3 accidents and two (speeding) tickets. I figured I've driven close to a million, possibly more, miles in those years. You don't do that by being reckless.
I'm not saying you are, so don't think I am.
Yeah, I've done more than my share of stupid sh!t. There's some situations I still don't know how I managed to get out of.

Be careful, drive safe, pay attention, and live long. PLEASE?

BTW I lost my very, very best friend, at age 21, in a wreck and several classmates too before that.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

When I was in 10th grade (24 years ago), we had an assembly where the principal said "look around yourself right now because more than likely one of you will die in a car in the next 4 years". He was partially right, we lost 4 students in car accidents. The main thing for young people to remember is that it's not just their lives that they are responsible for while driving, but everyone in the car. BE CAREFUL
Old 03-25-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

And other people on the street driving or pedestrians. I lost a friend, there isnt a time in the car I dont think about him, thats why I always wear the seatbelt.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went on a class trip to a local towing company that specialized in extracation. The jaws of life? This was before our town had paramedics and rescue services.
He showed us how he cuts people out of cars, cuts off roofs and doors.
He had a car in his garage that had hit an oak tree at 50 mph. The guy driving it weighed over 250 lbs. The seat broke loose and almost pined him behind the wheel and the doors were jammed shut but somehow he managed to get himself out and crawl to a house, with two broken legs, for help. This is no BS! The smallest kid in the class must've weighed 90 lbs and even he couldn't fit between the wheel and seat back.
He had photos of the really bad accidents he went to and told stories about some of them.
It was real eye opener. A trip I'll never forget.

Quick Reply: I started my drivers ed classes last night...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.