Were do you keep your anchor?

Notices

Were do you keep your anchor?

Old 03-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Were do you keep your anchor?

I have been keeping my anchor and other tackle in a plastic "rubbermaid " storage container in my cabin. It works OK but it takes up space and I noticed that the ends of my anchor actually broke through the plastic. I don't really like to keep stuff in my engine compartment. I'm afraid of it coming loose and when I have passengers in the back it is not real convienent to get too. My old boat (non-performance) had an anchor locker which was nice but not many HP have them. Anybody have any great ideas?
Old 03-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Here is my system:

I bought a cheap but durable duffle bag from Target; as well as one of those car fender protection mats like Jiffy Lube uses. (Available at Wal-Mart.) I keep my medium size Box Anchor in there; wrapped in the mat. I take the entire bag (handy dandy and safe shoulder strap) up to the bow and pull out the entire mat and lay the mat down, and spread it on the bow when throwing anchor. (I also do this on the sunpad, drop the anchor over the side, and back into position, then go up to tie off). It is at least 1/4 inch thick of dense padding. It allows me to set the anchor on the bow, with no risk of chipping the gel. I keep the whole thing under my backseat, where I used that garage floor interlocking material to create bit of a storage section just for the anchor, so as to not go places I shouldn't. It works sweet, and some think it is overkill, but I don't mind at all.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I may try to snap some pics today.

Dave, did you hit the Potomac last weekend? How was the water? Lots of crap? I am sure the levels were up.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I went out on Saturday. I put in at Smallwood and attempted to head north. I didn't even get past Occoquan and turned back. There were logs, tires, bottles, you name it floating everywhere. I was afraid of hitting something. So I went back to the Mattawoman for a while and then to Tim's. There was about 15 boats at Tim's including a Black Thunder that I don't recall seeing around. OSO member "Thunderstruck" ??
Old 03-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the Formula there is an anchor locker. On the Skater, I went to Home Depot and got half circle hoops with screw eyelets on each end. I took an old piece of THICK carpet and set it in the storage area behind the back seat. Remember I have Outboards. I set the anchor on the carpet and strategically screwed the half circle in to the floor and then ran several bungee cords back and forth and criss crossing the anchor. Has worked extremely well for 4 years now.

Good luck.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

brian- it sounds like a good system you have. i'll have to do some shopping.

chad
Old 03-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave M.
The Black Thunder was us. Wish we had know a fellow OSOer was there. We belong to a NOVA Boating Club (on Yahoo) and we were having our Season Kick Off gathering. Please introduce yourself next time you see the Black Thunder - we would love to meet you.

Patti and Bill
Old 03-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Registered

garrison gite channel ket west...in about 15 feet of water...you know for safe keeping
Old 03-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

Good one, Joe!

Since I don't use my anchor a lot, it's under the rear bench seat. Fountain put rubber matting in there, so it doesn't slide around too much. The rode is coiled on one of those orange plastic extension cord reels (think I got it at Home Depot).
Old 03-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Registered

yep....gave it a great toss and there it went....i clipped the wrong line....so i just lost the 15 foot purple line...not the 100 purple line...no one was there...as it was sailing,,,,i thought what a F'n jackass!...i'll never tell one....

Quick Reply: Were do you keep your anchor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.