Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LET's LOWER GAS PRICES NOW!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46562-lets-lower-gas-prices-now.html)

superfast 03-29-2003 10:05 PM

LET's LOWER GAS PRICES NOW!!!!

If we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. then I want gasoline prices to come down...We need to take some intelligent, united action...NOW!!!

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, who ever thought of this idea, has come up with a
plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS can control the Marketplace....not just sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?
Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the TWO biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL (we won't force THEM out of business as we might if we chose smaller companies). if they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices (SUPPLY vs DEMAND, too much supply and no demand = lower the price). If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit (cheaper commodites sell faster). But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the eighth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE HUNDRED MILLION consumers!
Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T
purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

How long would all that take?
If each of us sends this email out to ten or more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!! I'll bet you didn't think
you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

THINK THIS WILL WORK?

Tinkerer 03-29-2003 10:39 PM

It will work if people just do it. I don't buy gas from those companies

Sydwayz 03-29-2003 11:14 PM

Less than 1/3 of the US's population has email. It won't work.

wwwTOPDJcom 03-30-2003 01:48 AM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Less than 1/3 of the US's population has email. It won't work.
I thought it was more like 1/2?
you got me wondering Brian

1Boatnut 03-30-2003 06:54 AM

superfast,,,as much of a great plan as it may sound it can never work. You can't even get 3 people in a room to agree on most things,yet alone millions...
Plus,this very same letter has been going around the internet for at least 2 years..Another letter was for everyone not to buy gas on a certain day.Never worked. Sorry!

Hudson 03-30-2003 07:00 AM

The same person that complains about the price of gasoline at the pump will step inside the convenience store and pay over $1 for a 12oz bottle of water. That is over $10 a gallon for water!

Gasoline prices, adjusted for inflation, have remained one of the cheapest items in this country and is much cheaper here than any country except a few in the middle east.

Payton 03-30-2003 08:06 AM

In a town about 20 miles from me the price for Unleaded Reg is $1.44 ( Valparaso, IN). In my hometown it is $1.58 with 2 out of town stations at $1.53.
Some of them are big company stations, some are independants. There are no aditional taxes from one county to another, it is simply their profit margin!
We had a high of about $1.80, about 3 weeks ago.So it's headed in the right directions.

Thispast January, Pompano Beach and Dearfield Beach had the same prices we did.

kathycool 03-30-2003 08:54 PM

ExxonMobil is a single corp. (I work for them)
Wouldn't work, we can't keep up with demand now, besides,they also sell to Shell, Texaco, Chevron, etc. and vice versa.