Like Tree0Likes

OT - Zero turn mowers???

Old 05-29-2003, 06:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2014 Contender

Anybody ever try a Husqvarna ZTR? I have a Husqvarna/Kawasaki traditional rider and love it. I am in the process of buying more land and thinking of the Husky ZTR. Everybody I talk to recemmends the Scag.

Mike
Old 05-29-2003, 09:39 PM
Wildfire

Once you go ZTR, you will never go back. We have put 10hrs on it so far. The Missus will barely let me on the thing. Apparently, it is her mower - AWESOME!

Old 05-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Registered

We use Grasshopper Diesels around our farm, one has over 2000hrs. on it with only a few minor electrical problems The only prob with Grasshopper is that they are so dammed expensive for just cutting grass

My cousin has an older Torro Groundsmaster also diesel........you wanna talk about one helluva mower its built like a brick sh!thouse with a huge deck and will mow as fast as hell
Old 05-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Registered

Can I tag along on this thread as well?

I don't have much lawn but hated spending time on it. I have an acre of which I only have 1/4 acre?? of lawn??

I had a cheap Murray 5 hp mower that I had to alsways stop and wait for the blade speed to recover. It took me 2 hours to mow the lawn if it got a little tall.

I went down and bought a Gravley 36" walk with a 14 hp Kawasaki out of frustraion. It was a mistake for two reasons. It's belt driven, never again, and for the price I paid I could have had my lawn done for me for years!

Live and learn.

At least my mowing time was cut from 2 hours to 20 minutes. ANd right now I am limited only by how fast I want to run behind it! It cuts through anything with a 14 hp and 36" deck.

Is there a place where I can buy parts cheap? I'd like:
A Sulky (1 wheel or 2) You tell me??
Electric Starter
Grass Catcher

thanks