Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hummer H2 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46802-hummer-h2.html)

Semper Fi 04-01-2003 11:07 PM

Hummer H2

I am trying to decide whether to buy a new Hummer H2. I've had a F-350 (Diesel) for 4 yrs now, it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned--Bar none!.
I think it's time for something new. Iv'e narrowed it down to a new H2 or a new F-350. I really like the Hummer. I drove it and it really drives nice. Mileage is not an issue, since I drive 2 miles to work--roundtrip!I don't own a boat right now either (I know it's a SIN)
I'm really wondering if the Hummer is really worth the $52K?? I guess I'm used to the Super Duty that is such a solid vehicle. The H2 does seem to have alot of plastic on it. The dash looks a little cheap for the price of the vehicle also. Iv'e thought about alot of things...resale value/mileage/towing capacity/longevity of vehicle..etc..really anyway you stack it the F-350 comes out ahead.......but I really want the H2, just hard to "swallow" the $52K price tag.

Any thoughts??

Semper Fi 04-02-2003 12:35 AM

Troutly,
What's up man, long time no see. Hope you're doing well. I haven't been towing boats for about 10 months now. I'm in the mortgage (refinance) industry now, I work for a buddy of mine who I was in the Marines with. He is one of the owners of the company and has been bugging me to work for him. It is working out really well. I make more money now, and I only have to drive 1 mile to work!! That's why I'm really considering the H2.
I totally agree that there is NO comparison in towing--the F-350 kicks butt.

GLH 04-02-2003 05:55 AM

Re: Hummer H2

Originally posted by Semper Fi
...wondering if the Hummer is really worth the $52K...
No

Sydwayz 04-02-2003 07:22 AM

Its a repaneled Tahoe. What do you think?

florida gator 04-02-2003 07:37 AM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
I'll see if I can get a pic of my buddies with 10.5" of lift and Mickey Thompsons. No comparison to owning a Tahoe.

LapseofReason 04-02-2003 07:39 AM

They are a nice truck and beefed up a lot over the Tahoe, everything I have read on them has been good. I too thought about buying one and I'am a Ford guy but I do have a Vette. I would not give up my F350 to get one and I would hold off on the new F350 if you were planing on the new 6.0 psd. Keep your truck wait about a year go pick up a used H2 for 35k.

Semper Fi 04-02-2003 10:06 AM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Sydwayz,
Yes, I do know it's a Tahoe, and I think they are very comfortable to drive. There is a big difference in the capability of the H2 compared to a Tahoe for offroad, bad weather driving. I really don't plan on doing alot of that though.

Quest for Speed 04-02-2003 10:23 AM

If you no longer want the F-350, try a new Excursion with the 6.0 Diesel. It rides awesome, has tons of power, better turning radius than the F-350 and will still tow whatever you want.

Reindl Powerboats 04-02-2003 11:55 AM

That and put some air shocks on it!

BRUCE SEROFF 04-02-2003 12:13 PM

I hear Excursions are being discontinued. I too think the H2 is a really cool looking rig. just not prctical for the $.