Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone know the Fort Myers area? >

Anyone know the Fort Myers area?

Notices

Anyone know the Fort Myers area?

Old 04-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might just have to apply for a job there...
Old 04-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Registered

Seems like all who replied earlier are off line now. Anyone else have input?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2003, 11:10 PM
mmo jo

Hey Groove,
I am a native floridian, but we call ourselves crackers. We live in Ft. Myers. Love it here. I am originally from the Cocoa Beach area and although it's nice in some areas of the east coast, it is so much different on the gulf. The beaches are nicer and the water is calmer and warmer most of the time.
We have two kids, and feel safer on the beaches with them here. Not as rough and not as much undertow as the east coast. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of beautiful beaches and many nice areas on both coasts so it's mostly a matter of opinion. Every city has it's safe areas and it's not so safe areas. But speaking as a cracker who is not a transplant and has been all over Fl. all of my life I love the Ft. Myers area.
There are so many boating options available here, and some beautiful islands where the water is crystal clear most of the year.
Jupiter is a very nice place to live. I have family there myself, But you're still talking about the Atlantic and some pretty rough conditions compared to the gulf. We have done poker runs in our 39' boat everywhere from N.Y. City to here and some of the roughest water we have been in was on the east coast of Fl.
So like I said, It's mostly a matter of opinion but there are so many nice places in Fl. So what the hell!!!! As long as you have the sense to get away from that white stuff that they have gotten so much of this year in the north, you're on your way to some great boating, {year round} no matter which coast you're on.

Last edited by mmo jo; 04-02-2003 at 11:14 PM.

Old 04-03-2003, 05:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a house on Anna Maria Island. It is a beautiful island. Great boating, white beaches, and incredible fishing. The island is just off Bradenton and just above Sarasota. The main claim to fame is that the Allman brothers used to have a place there and Cameron Diaz often visits because her aunt lives there. The island is sort of like Key West before it got all touristy.

Enjoy your search.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 04-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Registered

Another cracker and I have to agree withmmo jo. As much as I love visiting the east coast, I prefer living on the west coast. Love the Tampa Bay area.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Registered

Thanks crackers!

Now I have to ask, you must also then have a name for the people that move to Florida. What will I be called? Go ahead, I can take it...
Old 04-03-2003, 01:52 PM
Registered

Oh, we have lots of names for yall. Lets waite until you get here and see how you drive and conduct yourself in public before we decide which of the names you get.

BTW when I get old I wanna go up north and drive slow in the left lane with my turn sinal on.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bonita Springs..

..stop in Jimmys Roadhouse & ask for Mike (my bro)...

Cold Beer & Killer Sandwiches....oh, and Jersey Boyz Stuff as Well!!

Old 04-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Registered

Groove.

We have a house on Sanibel Island and spend a considerable amount of time there. Depending on your tastes, it could be a great location for raising children. From what I know, the school system is smaller and strong in curriculum.

Plus, you can't beat the shelling, boating, nature areas and people!

Best of luck in your decision-making process.

Ricochet.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop by Stan's on Marco Island!

Quick Reply: Anyone know the Fort Myers area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.