OSO: The time has come to HELP DanL' s LAW >

OSO: The time has come to HELP DanL' s LAW

Notices

OSO: The time has come to HELP DanL' s LAW

Old 04-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up OSO: The time has come to HELP DanL' s LAW

RE: DAN LANZA*S UNTIMELY DEATH AT THE HAND OF A HIT-AND-RUN DRIVER!!! YOU CAN HELP!!! JUST MAIL THE THREE ATTACHED FORM LETTERS, TO INSURE HIT-AND-RUN DRIVERS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

Dear Friend:

We know Dan has made many, many friends through the years through his many activities, interests and endeavors, and that his death was as terrible a shock to you as it was to us.

To help us in our grief, Senator Gerald Cardinale has introduced a bill in the New Jersey Legislature called "Dan*s Law," to require jail-time for hit-and-run killers. The bill is the identical version of one already existing in the Assembly, sponsored by Assemblyman James W. Holzapfel.

Please e-mail or write to the two following senators now (and you can keep hammering away between now and the end of May, which is when we will find out if our e-mails and calls will have had the desired result).

The first step to help Dan*s Law to become law, requires that the bills, S-2475, and A-979, must first be released from the committees to which they have been assigned. To have them released from committee, please e-mail, call or write to the three chairmen. They are Senator Peter A. Inverso <[email protected]>, Senator John a Girgenti <[email protected]> and Assemblyman Peter J. Barnes, Jr. <[email protected]>.

We have composed form letters for you to use. Please send three separate letters, as follows, to the two co-chairs of the Senate Committee and to the Chairman of the Assembly Committee. Be sure to print your name and address since legislators ignore anonymous letters. A signature is not necessary, since a printed name is okay. Feel free to make copies of and forward each of the three letters anywhere and everywhere since the more mail they receive, the more likely they are to place the bill on their committee agendas for action.

PLEASE DO THIS RIGHT AWAY, SINCE TIMING IS CRITICAL.

Thank you.

The Lanza Family
Old 04-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Registered

Default The 3 letters and who to send to.

Let's do this.
It has not helped the family now but with this NEW LAW it may help YOUR family or friends to get JUSTICE in the Future..Thanks

<[email protected]>

Senator Peter A. Inverso, Co-chair

Law & Public Safety Committee

3691A Nottingham Way

Hamilton, NJ 08690

Dear Senator Inverso:

Thank you for becoming a prime sponsor of "Dan*s Law," Senate Bill S-2475 which requires a mandatory 2-year jail term for people convicted of a hit and run involving a fatality. Please schedule the bill for a hearing in your committee on May 8th.

Senator Cardinale sponsored the Senate version of an existing bill, A-979, upon learning that his legislative aide, Monica Lanza, recently lost her son Daniel Lanza, under the wheels of a pick-up truck, with the driver callously fleeing the scene. The Grand Jury indictment found him guilty only of leaving the scene of an accident, and it is possible that as a first-time offender, he may not be sentenced to jail.

Senator Cardinale is hoping that his version will clear the Senate Committee quickly, and I am hoping that you will agree that this bill should be posted on May 8th. It is terribly unfair that someone can kill a human being, drive away, and when caught, plea bargain and walk away free. Again, thank you.

<[email protected]>

Senator John A. Girgenti, Co-chair

507 Lafayatte Avenue

Hawthorne, NJ 07506

Dear Senator Girgenti:

Senator Cardinale*s bill S-2475 has been assigned to your committee, called "Dan*s Law," which requires a mandatory 2-year jail term for people convicted of a hit and run involving a fatality.

Senator Cardinale sponsored the Senate version of an existing bill, A-979, upon learning that his legislative aide, Monica Lanza, recently lost her son Daniel Lanza, under the wheels of a pick-up truck, with the driver callously fleeing the scene. The Grand Jury indictment found him guilty only of leaving the scene of an accident, and it is possible that as a first-time offender, he may not be sentenced to jail.

Senator Cardinale is hoping that his version will clear the Senate Committee quickly, and I am hoping that you will agree that this bill should posted on May 8th. It is terribly unfair that someone can kill a human being, drive away, and when caught, plea bargain and walk away free. Again, thank you.

<[email protected]>

Assemblyman Peter J. Barnes, Jr. Chairman

Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee

1967 Route 27, Suite 20

Edison, NJ 08817

Dear Assemblyman Barnes:

Assemblyman Holzapfel*s Bill, A-979, which requires a mandatory 2-year jail term for people convicted of a hit and run involving a fatality, has been assigned to the Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee

While this bill was introduced by Assemblyman Holzapfel last year, I have now become interested because of the hit-and-run fatality affecting someone dear to me and have learned that Senator Cardinale has introduced the identical version in the Senate. S-2475, and is calling it "Dan*s Law." He became interested upon learning that his legislative aide, Monica Lanza, recently lost her son Daniel Lanza, under the wheels of a pick-up truck, with the driver callously fleeing the scene. The Grand Jury indictment found him guilty only of leaving the scene of an accident, and it is possible that as a first-time offender, he may not be sentenced to jail.

Senator Cardinale is hoping that his version will clear the Senate Committee quickly, and I am hoping that you will agree that this bill should be heard in your committee as well. It is terribly unfair that someone can kill a human being, drive away, and when caught, plea bargain and walk away free. Again, thank you.

Again, e-mail addresses are: <[email protected]> and <[email protected]>

You can also write and/or call as follows:

Senator Peter A. Inverso, Co-chair

3691A Nottingham Way

Hamilton, NJ 08690

Phone: (609) 586-1330 Fax: (609) 586-1906

Senator John A. Girgenti, Co-chair

507 Lafayatte Avenue

Hawthorne, NJ 07506

Phone: (973) 427-1229 Fax: (973) 423-5895
Old 04-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Registered

Attached Thumbnails OSO: The time has come to HELP DanL' s LAW-danl.jpg  
Old 04-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Registered

were you there when it happened?
Old 04-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DOUG I just sent you a e mail
Old 04-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

Old 04-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Alright Chaos, I think this OFFICIALLY qualifies as post-whoring.

Last edited by KaamaScarab30; 04-03-2003 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Registered

No, I was not there, but he was my friend and boss. And this could at least help someone in the future get Justice and closure to a tragedy.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Registered

Oh sorry, I didnt understand your connection. And I am sorry for your loss and it is a tragedy but from what I read between the lines a long time ago on an OSO thread, it sounded like road rage where the other guy just used a bigger weapon (his vehicle). I didnt know the situation required new laws. Im pretty sure here in Ohio leaving the scene is treated very seriously. Is it different there?

Quick Reply: OSO: The time has come to HELP DanL' s LAW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.