Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Milwaukee, WI Offshore race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/46977-milwaukee-wi-offshore-race.html)

EX20 04-04-2003 09:03 AM

Milwaukee, WI Offshore race

Does anyone know anything about this event? We used to have some racing up at Lake Winnebago a fews years ago, but not around Milwaukee. I was kind of shocked to see this in Powerboat Magazine last night.

Where is the course going to be? how long?

EX20 04-04-2003 09:56 AM

All I have to do is drop in my boat at Milwaukee and I'm there so I would not be in the run up, buts thanks for offering. That should be a pretty intense weekend.....for a change.

Reindl Powerboats 04-04-2003 10:11 AM

We have heard it is going to be one of the years top events. We will post more as we hear it come out.

Cord 04-04-2003 11:17 AM

Ex20 & cash-we'll be on the water for the race, so lets make plans to get together! Ryan Beckly was also talking about making the race too. Who else is planning on going?

Dave1972 04-04-2003 11:22 AM

I'm heading over as well with at least 2 other boats so far! Is nice to see something close to us for a change!!! I've heard that the course itself will partly be in the bay area and then out onto the lake???? I'm a little worried with only a 25' boat?!?!?! Should I be? Would be cool to have an OSO get together!

Cord 04-04-2003 11:39 AM

If you anchor in the harbor you'll be ok. If you want to go outside the breakwall, you may have problems. It's a really iffy situation. If the wind kicks up at all you'll instantly have 2-3' water. Running in 2' water with a 25' boat isn't too bad. It's trying to anchor without your passengers heaving that sucks.

DENNYB 04-04-2003 02:19 PM

Poker Runs Of America I heard, is having a poker run in conjunction with the races out of the Milwaukee's lake front. I would say contact the magazine for details. It should be quite a weekend.

hp500efi 04-04-2003 03:26 PM

Cord, we are planning on going out there as well, might stay on land depending on the weather and conditions.

Where are they holding the races? inside the harbor? seems awfully small an area for that especially considering that it takes up part of the channel from the river.

Jeff

EX20 04-04-2003 04:08 PM

Cord,

Sounds like a plan. We'll have to revisit this as August comes around.

Andywr 04-05-2003 01:00 AM

Milwaukee Offshore Grand Prix

Milwaukee Offshore Race Fans,

The race weeekend is August 8-10th.

The course is right off the Milwaukee lake front, and it will be about 5-6 miles. Half in the break water half on the Lake.

Two weeks before the Harley 100th, We are going to Party!

APBA Offshore
Andy Reichert