Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   George Linder-back in the day (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47012-george-linder-back-day.html)

BROWNIE 04-07-2003 01:58 PM

T2x. You should wait until we die before you make up these stories. In 1967, I, in Donzi Blue Devil, led the race with John Bakos in Sternwinder on my tail to Shinniecock Inlet, when a CG chopper came down with a sign saying "Stop! Fog at Montauk". We stopped and sat there till Sirois and Odell caught up. Then the four of us raced backward, thorough the rest of the fleet, to the marina. Next day was clear and rough. We led all the way around until we ran low on oil, and had to stop and bail some out of the bilge. Genth passed us while were were slippin' and slidin'. We almost caught him, less 3 or 4 seconds. Interestingly enough, we beat Aronow the previous year by 1/10th of a second after 250 miles. PS, the first O/B we saw on the first day was Howard Weiler in that stupid tiger decked boat.

T2x 04-08-2003 07:54 AM

Originally posted by BROWNIE
T2x. You should wait until we die before you make up these stories. In 1967, I, in Donzi Blue Devil, led the race with John Bakos in Sternwinder on my tail to Shinniecock Inlet, when a CG chopper came down with a sign saying "Stop! Fog at Montauk". We stopped and sat there till Sirois and Odell caught up. Then the four of us raced backward, thorough the rest of the fleet, to the marina. Next day was clear and rough. We led all the way around until we ran low on oil, and had to stop and bail some out of the bilge. Genth passed us while were were slippin' and slidin'. We almost caught him, less 3 or 4 seconds. Interestingly enough, we beat Aronow the previous year by 1/10th of a second after 250 miles. PS, the first O/B we saw on the first day was Howard Weiler in that stupid tiger decked boat.
Sorry Brownie:

But I'm a witness.......... I sat at Moriches inlet and saw Linder....#1...... Sirois # 2........ Unless you were well offshore and out of sight..... I'm stickin' to my story. We can certainly debate this over a beer.

By the way............ I thought we were all dead......or maybe it's just that I'm "obsolete".

T2x....;)

P.S...... For the rest of you who could care less about this...... At the time, Brownie ran Donzi Marine...... and by my calculation he is currently 112 years old. Which then begs another question... What year did Gene Bianco win the race in a single (outboard) engined Eltro?

Shane 04-08-2003 07:58 AM

Ahhh, the old timers swappin' war stories. This is what it is all about boyz and girlz.:) :) :D :D

BROWNIE 04-08-2003 08:15 AM

1964, OR SO. I THINK YOU MIGHT BE TALKING 1968 WITH GEORGE.

T2x 04-08-2003 09:00 AM

Originally posted by Shane
Ahhh, the old timers swappin' war stories. This is what it is all about boyz and girlz.:) :) :D :D
For the record I was 2 years old at the time....and Brownie was in his late 70's....... ;)

T2x

BajaFresh 04-08-2003 09:17 AM

The older we get, the faster we went!

;)