Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bleach and water....God's little gift to us!! >

Bleach and water....God's little gift to us!!

Notices

Bleach and water....God's little gift to us!!

Old 04-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleach and water....God's little gift to us!!

My boat has been sitting for about 8 months now and time has taken its toll on the interior.

Now anybody that has seen my **** will tell you it might not be Brand new but it will blow your mind how clean it is! Period

Mildew stains were BAD to say the least.I had it covered but I mean really what was I supposed to do?

So I went about my usually routine with some of the strongest degreaser known to man or beast! Wouldn't you know it the damn mildew stains were there to stay and that was that.It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach!!!

Well I got my parts I needed to fix the boat and it goes to the doctor Thursday.So this gives me my second wind to try and get it clean.I had to replace the wood under the sundeck.All went well with that task and I thought I would venture to the other task of doing something about those mildew stains.

I break out the Clorox and mix it about 60/40 Clorox water.
Every single spot literally wiped off!Looks brand new and this makes me very happy.

So if you haven't tried the beach and water on those mildew stains don't look any further.Give this a try.My girl tammy walked in the garage where the interior is sitting and her jaw dropped!!!

She says."what EXACTLY else did you buy at the store today?" "new Vinyl!"......of course I smiled and went about my cleaning......
Old 04-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I use Bleach White on my white vinyl. With a conditioner chaser.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts
Thumbs up

I've also have used bleach, but I use Lysol bathroom cleaner w/bleach diluted w/water. It also contains soap so it helps remove the grease and dirt on the vinyl. Always test a spot first.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Allan4

Shore Shore baby.........dun dundadundundadundun dadun.......
(Ice Ice baby.........dun dundadundundadundun dadun......)

HeHeHe........

Old 04-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Mr. Demeanor

Careful with that bleach around the stiching, it will eat it up.

Old 04-09-2003, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Mr. Demeanor
Careful with that bleach around the stiching, it will eat it up.
Ditto!!!

And make sure to thouroughly condition afterwards. Bleach will dry and strip the vinyl of any natural oils like there's no tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Shor I think based on what you described you HAD to resort to the bleach formula. But like the others have siad you now need to throw a little extra something on the vinyl to help recondition it....
Old 04-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used bleach on my ski boat to clean mildew stains every spring. Boat was purchased new in 94. Vinyl still looks like new. No stitching has pulled out yet.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

I have some Vinyl that carries over to the engine compartment and it cleaned that crud off......

Oh I got some leather conditioner that soaks in and doesn't rub off on clothes......plus she's been in the sun all afternoon.....forgot how much fun it is to clean!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Shorgasm
I have some Vinyl that carries over to the engine compartment and it cleaned that crud off......

Oh I got some leather conditioner that soaks in and doesn't rub off on clothes......plus she's been in the sun all afternoon.....forgot how much fun it is to clean!

Oh and far as stitching......all miine is hidden by piping...remeber just using a rag and with the bleach on it.......It's just funny how good it is working now.......I have done this before and know a few other steps to trick stains like rust and blood.....but this was just too easy!!!!

Quick Reply: Bleach and water....God's little gift to us!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.