Notices

Oh this ain't good.......

Old 04-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh this ain't good.......

First Thursday he said "No problem it'll be done in a day".......end of the first day he calls and says "the motor mount bolt won't budge!"He gonna let is soak and try it tommorrow.

Second...No word from him Friday..then Saturday morning which is yesterday I come home to get my old wheels..and there the boat sits....so I load up the wheels and leave I have **** that I have to get done first.

I call and he says "I couldn't get the two bolts out and are you gonna be home Sunday morning around 10:30 a.m.?""I'll explain what's going on.".........WTF is that supposed to mean?
Sure I am....not gonna be on the boat so why wouldn't I be?

Of course I wasn't a smart ass but you get my point.The I notice the outdrive is not here!......

These bolt look brand new....the two that go to the stringer that is.
The motor mount is in great shape but where the two halves come together the shaft the big nut sits on is pretty bad looking.........doesn't look like anything is gonna come off there...but then again you have two other options.....two bolts on the engine for the top part of the mount and two bolts on the stringer for the bottom part of the mount....WTF?????
Old 04-13-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Alrighty........I went back out to the boat and found what he's having a problem with....

It's not the motor mount bolts......It the bellhousing to transom bolts......right there in plain view from the top.....the heads of the bolts are in good shape....and the room for access is pretty good too.......what gives here?......

I swear......if I get these bolts out@#!#%$@$#
Old 04-13-2003, 09:46 AM
marinepro21

Put a 3/4in 6 point socket on a long extension on a breaker bar and give it a try yourself. They usually come out easy.

Salt water boat? Maybe not so easy.

Old 04-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Terry, the rear mount bolts (the ones on the inner transom plate/bell housing) are aluminum. They are about 4.5" long or so and go down to an aluminum nut that is self locking.....you don't need to put a wrench on it....if you break one of them, chances are you will not be able to get the nut out of it's location either. Try really hard NOT to break one of these bolts.

'Foul
Old 04-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch! Don't break that bolt
Old 04-13-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Okay here's the skinny.......The guy came by and showed me the problem.....the bolts appear to be steel!!!

The y ain't movin.....he said this is not his boat so he wasn't gonna grind that head off.....he took it to another shop with a bigger impact......3/4 w/250psi.....Nothing....wouldn't move!

He said if I grind it off he will be able to pull the motor and should be able to get the bolt out?????
Old 04-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Banned

Can you get a torch to them to heat them up?
Old 04-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda
Can you get a torch to them to heat them up?

That's the other idea.......
Old 04-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Well, someone used the WRONG bolts then. When you do get them out, replace them with the correct bolts. Get them at most any Merc dealer.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:48 AM
Banned

I don't recall ever running across a bolt I couldn't get out, IF I could get heat to it BEFORE I rounded off the head.

Quick Reply: Oh this ain't good.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.