Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which 38 V-hull with twin 525 EFIs? >

Which 38 V-hull with twin 525 EFIs?

Notices

Which 38 V-hull with twin 525 EFIs?

Old 04-12-2003, 08:08 AM
The D Effect

Default Which 38 V-hull with twin 525 EFIs?

I am new to this forum(was turned to it by The Dirty Duck) and need help with choice of next boat. I am looking to step up from a 29 Donzi to a 38 V-hull. I have looked at Fountain, Hustler, and Velocity so far. I need to see at least 85mph and have up to $250,000 to spend. I would like to stay with the non-aspirated motors for reliability issues. If you have any other boats to look at please recommend. Most of my boating is done in the Gulf of Mexico.It needs to have a decent cabin for wife and child. Thanks for your time

Old 04-12-2003, 08:21 AM
The D Effect

I would lean towards new, since I would rather not buy someone elses headache. But if the boat was mint and I could save a large chunk of cash I would consider. I have never seen an Active Thunder or the Formula in person. I saw the two Active Thunders for sale in the classifieds. Both looked very nice but I do not know how reliable the KE motors are. I do not know anyone with these motors personally.

Old 04-12-2003, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hustler 388 is a great boat, I had one, and would buy another
Old 04-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I sent you a private message. When you buy new there will always be warranty issues, look at boats with break in time and where all warranty issues were addressed. Good luck to you
I own Radio active, 37 A.T. http://WWW.MSNUSERS.COM/JASSMANSRADI...oactive2.msnw.
also a 2000 Sonic 42SS and a 2000 Top Gun, which are friends of mine. see ya on the water soon, take care Jeff Jassby 228-216-0900 cell
Old 04-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a wide swath, you can get a lot of things in that price range.

Pantera builds a nice 36 and will do about any custom thing you want. The one with cobra's ran in that speed range and JO will put anything you want in for power. It's a custom build boat.

Personally I dream of a 36 pantera and I would like to try the new Vortec 525s

Used Cigs run in that range and there are a lot of 1-2 year old cigs out there for sale.

The AT's look nice and they would also be on my list of boats to look at.

Finally the new 38 Powerplay I think I would also have to take a ride on.

That is the 4 that would be on my list, the other brands are nice but I put these 4 at the top of my quality of construction list.

Your mileage may vary

Last edited by Von Bongo; 04-12-2003 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for the reference to AT.

The D Effect,

I am the factory rep for Active Thunder. I am a two time Active Thunder owner and believe in the boat that Active Thunder builds. The beauty of buying a new boat is you can customize everything any anything from paint to carpet and everything in between. As for power we are building a new 37 AVH all tricked out with 525 motors. This boat will run a solid 85 mph all day long with all of the cabin ammenities, hot water, corian countertops, leathertech surface full stand up head etc...

Being one of the owners of the 37 with KE 675 motors I can tell you that they are one fine motor. I have over 55 hours on them and they are exteremly reliable.

I am working today, so feel free to call me (856-912-0850)and check out our website at Active Thunder
Old 04-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

cigarette... tried and true w/ the best resale value... if the cabin is important then look at fountain... all others are good/great boats but dont have the resale...
Old 04-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Registered

Sonic 386 By far the most room in cabin as far as head room and the size of the head. Can sleep 4 no problem, the boat your wife would want if she saw it. 80-82 mph with 525's not steped all around good boat for the money.

Active Thunder 37 AVH if you buy one get the AVH ( steped bottom) they make it both way's and the non steped is the same speed as the Sonic but with much less head room in the cabin. The AVH will run mid to upper 80's all day with 525's if you play with it some you may see 90. They build a nice boat.

The Velocity and Hustler are about the same as far as cabin size, they say inclosed head but I doubt a man can get into it. The boats ride and drive nice, if I had to pick one I would go Hustler I feel it's built better. They will both run mid to upper 80's w 525's

The Formula 382 nice built looks good more room than the Velocity or Hustler but not as much as the Active or Sonic. I have driven two and didn't like the way they felt, not enough feed back.low 80's mph w 525's

Donzi 38zx Nice boat. kinda funny lay out I looked at one before I bought my 42 Sonic didn't really like it didn't drive it so I can't say.

OUTERLIMITS My favorite (this will now start a big fight) I feel the best built boat being made now. I have not seen the new APACHE boat but they have only made 36 footers as far as I know now bigger ones to come soon. But you are not going to get a new one from either for 250k. Maybe close on the OUTLIMITS but it's going to be a striper. But you can find real nice used one's that will be just like new. They will not loose as much as the other's either. Upper 80's with 525's.

You need to start traveling and looking and driving there are many more brand's out there the one's I listed are just one I have driven owned or looked at to buy. I am selling My 2000 42 Sonic for an Outerlimits, my Sonic is a Great boat but only a 75 MPH with 500efi's But it has everything you could want and more. For me if I couldn't afford an OL I would go Sonic they just have a ton of room in the cabin the OL has a big cabin too just cost a lot but you get what you pay for.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Registered

I for got about the Fountain I allmost got a 32 fever if your left handed and 5'6" take a look you might like it. I'am not going to say anything else for the safty of my life.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
I for got about the Fountain I allmost got a 32 fever if your left handed and 5'6" take a look you might like it. I'am not going to say anything else for the safty of my life.
He said 38, not 28

That means a 42 Fountain to fit the bill.

Nice boats too

Quick Reply: Which 38 V-hull with twin 525 EFIs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.