Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New 36' Spectre cat w Arneson ASD 6 >

New 36' Spectre cat w Arneson ASD 6

Notices

New 36' Spectre cat w Arneson ASD 6

Old 04-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Byron

No not at all , I think I was on the edge before running the same power on XR drives!!

Old 04-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by rbtnt
Byron,

I just looked at the specs on the Arneson and the max hp for the asd 6 is 650 hp and the torque is less depending on gear ratio. If there isn't much price difference I would go with the asd 8.

thank you exactly what i mean....and yes i do know rik, and he rebuilt my arnesons, the 8 is the way to go for sure, just to be safe, i hate to see you spend all that dough and be fixing it
Old 04-09-2003, 09:16 PM
bobby daniels

yep that was a load on the X.R.

Old 04-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Otto, thanks for the info. I missed you at Skaterfest last year I wanted to see the set up on your 36, will try to get there again this year.

Shawn
Old 04-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Registered

Hey Shawn I did here you were looking for a 36. What boat did you buy? The nacca scoops that mount on the inside are butler built, check for their web site. There is a thread on this board about nacca scoops, pantera boats makes some in fiberglass that can be installed with 5200 thats what I am going to use. For pictures check the technical board for thread.
Michael
Old 04-09-2003, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder what a ASD 6 drop box would cost for a 25'

I plan on staying under 500 hp fpr the life of the drive

I know what the 8's cost , are 6's really a better price
Old 04-10-2003, 08:29 AM
Registered

Michael, thanks for the info.

I got a 36 that Randy Sweers had in Florida. Its on his site FASTBOATS.COM, its a 1999 with HP500 carbs. I finally got the XR drives I wanted.
Jim and Jean went with me to sea trial it and we had a blast. I drove it to Miami for lunch with Randy on the sticks, it shows when you have a guy with his experience and seat time running the boat.
Looking forward to the summer with the additional size and canopies.
How is your boat? Do you need to do anything before the season?
We gave up on the idea of racing in NJ this year, just going to run on the Bay.
See you soon.

Shawn
Old 04-10-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by shawn
Michael, thanks for the info.

I got a 36 that Randy Sweers had in Florida. Its on his site FASTBOATS.COM, its a 1999 with HP500 carbs. I finally got the XR drives I wanted.
Jim and Jean went with me to sea trial it and we had a blast. I drove it to Miami for lunch with Randy on the sticks, it shows when you have a guy with his experience and seat time running the boat.
Looking forward to the summer with the additional size and canopies.
How is your boat? Do you need to do anything before the season?
We gave up on the idea of racing in NJ this year, just going to run on the Bay.
See you soon.

Shawn
congrats shawn, randy is an excellent guy plus a real good friend of mine, glad you got a good deal he is one of the few guys that gives an honest deal in florida. maybe we will catch up to you in the bay
Old 04-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Registered

Shawn Sounds great that boat should run as fast as your30. I can't wait to see it. My boat is pretty much ready to go just waiting for weather. Good luck with your toy, hope to see you soon.
Michael
Old 04-10-2003, 02:03 PM
CESSNA

Lightbulb ASD_6

Originally posted by Byron
What are you running? Maybe I should just order the #12's Would that be the real deal?
SORRYfor the late reply but I have people in from out of town so its hard to get to the board .
Byron I have as my profile said a cat ,with out arnsons I like the #6's as they will turn sharper and dock easier for and old man like me !!
I like slingshot think the asd-6 are really a patch for bravo's and with your power its going to be on the limit as far as the spec sheet says, Ijust wanted you not to make a mistake and buy the asd6 with your weight and power ,,,,I don't know the price difference but I would really go with the 8's or switch to number 6's unless the money is to great and I don't know that .
I think you'll love your boat !!!

PS,, yes the 12's would be the real deal with more power !!

Quick Reply: New 36' Spectre cat w Arneson ASD 6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.