Notices

Catmando where are you

Old 04-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go to the OSO forum leader's page it says Cat has been put in Time Out.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Speed Girl
OSO had a reason for doing this, I know it has nothing to do with his bashing, politics, beliefs or comments...
All should listen to the wise girl, word on the street is she has the inside scoop. Rag's

p.s. watch the names of the product you promote verry carefully
Old 04-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know, I wasn't even going to post in this thread. I learned a long time ago to ignore most of what Cat said. He had a right to his opinions (even if they were wrong), and a right to post them.

Now reading that it wasn't his rantings that got him a time out. Makes me thing of the old saying " What goes around comes around". Whether you call it fate, karma, dumb luck or God making things right.....

I'l just sit back and smile
Old 04-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Registered

I could write a very angry letter right now about Catmando, but I decided instead merely to express some constructive criticism. In the text that follows, when I quote from Catmando, I will use the word "excrement" in place of another word which is now apparently permitted in general circulation publications, and which I have edited out. While he puts on a good dog and pony show, I feel that he has insulted everyone with even the slightest moral commitment. Catmando obviously has none, or he wouldn't let down ladders which the wayward, abusive, and disruptive scramble to climb.

It's irrelevant that my allegations are 100% true. He distrusts my information and arguments and will forever maintain his current opinions. Can you really blame me for suggesting that when workable solutions to a problem elude you, sometimes it helps to embrace diversity? Catmando really shouldn't ridicule, parody, censor, and downgrade opposing ideas. That's just plain common sense. Of course, the people who appreciate his generalizations are those who eagerly root up common sense, prominently hold it out, and decry it as poison with astonishing alacrity. I need your help if I'm ever to discuss the advantages of two-parent families, the essential role of individual and family responsibility, the need for uniform standards of civil behavior, and the primacy of the work ethic. "But I'm only one person," you might protest. "What difference can I make?" The answer is: a lot more than you think. You see, Catmando's modes of thought are based on a denial of reality, on the substitution of a deliberately falsified picture of the world in place of reality. And this dishonesty, this refusal to admit the truth, will have some very serious consequences for all of us within a short period of time.

Catmando must believe that if he doesn't reward those who knowingly or unknowingly play along with his bons mots while punishing those who oppose them, he'll have led a meaningless life. It is also worthy of note that his discourteous pranks are in full flower, and their poisonous petals of cameralism are blooming all around us. There are situations where certain stratagems are appropriate and there are situations where they are not. He just keeps on saying, "I don't give a [expletive deleted] about you. I just want to cause (or at least contribute to) a variety of social ills." To end on a more positive note: Catmando exhibits bad sportsmanship.

(I still love that link!)
Old 04-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Registered

p.s. I miss having him around here (if he really is gone).
Old 04-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey as much as we got into it here --Cat and I got along great in the chat room. He is an OK guy - He just has a very different way of looking at things. If anyone has his phone # please PM me with it. Or CAT if you are lurking please E-Mail me with it at
[email protected]
Steve W.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Registered

Cripes Nort, I thought you were serious at first. I forgot about that site...
Old 04-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tinkerboater
Hey as much as we got into it here --Cat and I got along great in the chat room. He is an OK guy - He just has a very different way of looking at things.
That was my experience as well. We will never agree on religon or politics (but we don't have to). The world would be a pretty boring place if we all had the same opinion on everything.

We always seemed to get along in the chat room. Personally I hope to see him resurface soon.

Keith
Old 04-11-2003, 10:19 PM

freedom of speach? as well as democracy
What happened to Cat?
Old 04-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

What I did find kind of strange was how OSO and some of the Mods let the extreme personal attacks against him go on and on and on. You can't tell me they were not aware of this. I thought that was against the rules of this board. That in itself is kind of sad. There is a difference with having a little fun between members and being downright mean.
Well said Troutly. My sentiments exactly.

Quick Reply: Catmando where are you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.