Notices

APBA and SBI

Old 04-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Cig38

Default APBA and SBI

What are the differences between APBA and SBI? Which one is better from a racers point of view and a fan? It seems from all the press that the APBA gets that its more popular. Thoughts?

Old 04-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, this is gonna be good.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Cig38

thats what i was thinking

Old 04-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

From a fan's perspective, I would say that there is not a big difference except APBA races tend to have more boats.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Here it goes!!!!!!!!!!! I like to watch 'ANY BOATS' race !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys ready for an old fasshioned, early spring, knock-down, drag-out Brawl?....
Old 04-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

Wait. Lemme get some popcorn!
I've been going to both as a fan for several years now and like both groups. As long as it's Offshore Racing, I'll be there. APBA has more boats, but for me it's about sites that are convenient to me or have some attraction (like Key West).
Old 04-10-2003, 11:57 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From a manufacturing point of view, SBI is better.

From a fan prospective they both need some announcing to allow the fans a clue who is leading and so on.

The press is always biased, ask the iraqi info minister.

pat W

Put the popcorn down and make a statement.

Old 04-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

In spite of T2X's comments, I've been following Offshore Racing for 27 years, and have to say at least APBA has brought back "racing". The factory series boats are very evenly matched and on any given day, any boat could win. Last year in Cape Cod, there was at least five different lead changes in F1.
APBA has made the courses shorter to appeal to the spectator, unlike the "olden" days when the boats would head out the inlet, and you would see them once or twice during the race. Another fact is nowadays, most of the boats finish the races, unlike the olden days where a 2/3 of the fleet DNF (did not finish) More boats racing appeals to the spectator. At least today there is "competition' and "racing" as opposed to a "marathon".
Do you think Nascar would be as successful if the same team were to win every weekend? APBA has brought back legitimate competition. Although it may not appeal to everyone, and is not the olden days with 150 mile offshore races, the short courses have been great for the spectator.
I can only remember one year when Offshore racing was on "Wide World of Sports" this past year, every Saturday morning I can catch a race on 'Speedvision'.
I think "the older one gets, the better it was".
I definately prefer the Racing today, compared to yesterday.
See all in Daytona!
BOB G.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 04-10-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

T2x,

May be part of this new regime? Or, because I raced back in the 90's I will be considered as having pre-conceived notions that do not mix well with the current business model and will therefore be a detriment to ASBI?

Your post has got to be one of the FUNNIEST things I have ever read!

Quick Reply: APBA and SBI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.