Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   They took my Excursion! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47475-they-took-my-excursion.html)

Back4More 04-10-2003 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, to me thats almost as bad as Fountain bashing.

Bill272 04-10-2003 09:55 PM

B reak
M y
W indows

Havasu Hangin 04-10-2003 11:55 PM

Hey Nort...

...how about this Suburban?

GLH 04-11-2003 06:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't say much here...Just picked up the new truck for the wife yesterday.

Rambunctious 04-11-2003 06:41 AM

Fuc%er
Only
Runs
Downhill

actually I own a ford .. so just teasin'.........;)

Delorean

Don't
Ever
Loan
?...

oh I forgot the rest.......

dockrocker 04-11-2003 09:00 AM

Any Dodge boys out there?

M y
O ld
P ig
A in't
R unnin'

cuda 04-11-2003 09:35 AM

Drips
On
Damn
Garage
Everyday

Back4More 04-11-2003 09:39 AM

GLH...Congrats!

LapseofReason 04-11-2003 09:40 AM

Can't
Help
Every
Valve
Rattle's
Oil
Leak's
Every
Time

LapseofReason 04-11-2003 09:41 AM

Genral
Matinence

LapseofReason 04-11-2003 09:43 AM

Poor
Old
N*%%$^
Thinks
It's
A
Cadillac

LapseofReason 04-11-2003 09:46 AM

All
Motors
Combined

MitchStellin 04-11-2003 09:53 AM

Hey BackforMore, that looks nice. Do you really need the 4x4 on the side? You could just drive over them so they can see the T Case and front diffy. I have an 03 PSD X and I tried to buy Norts goodies but it is a lease and it has to go back that way. My wife is not ready for the lift so I need to wait. New rims and tires are the first thing. I installed cab lights last weekend and the stereo went in last week.

sonicse 04-11-2003 10:01 AM

Bavarian
Manure
Wagon

formula31 04-11-2003 10:26 AM

Is this part of the lawsuit going on trying to put him out of business?

kcgbjc 04-11-2003 10:44 AM

I think now that Ford is discontinuing the line, they are starting to pick them up off the road one at a time, admitting failure.

So when do you get the Suburban, Nort?

thunderdan 04-11-2003 01:13 PM

I agree, especially because I do not see a license plate on the back of the truck.

outer42 04-11-2003 01:14 PM

trouty wins the prize,a few threads ago he posted his lease was coming up. notice he's not posting and letting you all go on and speculate.

jawbreakerkid 04-11-2003 01:36 PM

wasn't yesterday Collect Excursions from Short Guys with 5 Heads Day ???

wannabe 04-11-2003 01:50 PM

From the home office in Grand Rapids, Michigan:

Ten best reasons Nort’s Excursion is being towed

10. Nort is actually locked inside the vehicle and this is an emergency rescue
9. Nort’s on his cell phone inside and asking “ Hey dude, how much X dimension do you run?”
8. Nort’s girlfriend is inside vehicle and he doesn’t have the guts to call her up and dump her
7. Nort always makes fun of us Midwesterners and the tow truck driver has a Bayliner on LOTO
6. Nort’s co-workers wanted to play a practical joke and he still doesn’t know it’s at home in his garage
5. Nort lost his “Poodle Diary” under the seat
4. Nort got caught with someone’s girlfriend in the back and he needs to have it painted black
3. Nort’s filed Chapter 11 because he wants to win the Key West Hemingway contest
2. Nort’s “Best of Cher” CD is jammed in the CD Player.

And the number one reason Nort's Excursion is being towed..

1. Nort’s lost his roach clip under the seat and the LA Narcs are after him

florida gator 04-11-2003 02:05 PM

Originally posted by outer37
trouty wins the prize,a few threads ago he posted his lease was coming up. notice he's not posting and letting you all go on and speculate.
What an *******. You know he reads this over and over. He just loves the attention.

Wannabe, great list.

outer42 04-11-2003 02:34 PM

MUST BE THE SHORT MAN COMPLEX,NEEDS ATTENTION RIGHT ON GATOR

MitchStellin 04-11-2003 02:48 PM

I know why....this is a new service for drunk drivers. You can stay behind the wheel and pretend to drive with no chance of getting a drunk driving ticket unless you put it in reverse and back off.....at 50mph:eek: better be on the gas when it hits the ground:D Now we don't want to pick on Nort...he has a good sense of humor but if he gets pinned he will come out fighting. We don't want to start a Traviss situation by labeling someone as something or other. Please be kind and remember he drives or will be driving again the BIGGEST, BADDEST SUV IN THE WORLD AND NO ONE CAN DENY IT....PERIOD. I know, I drive the same truck. A suburban is just a glorified minivan/grocery getter. I know, I had an 01 and I gave it to charity. It could hardly get out of its own way.:D

ChrisK 04-11-2003 02:50 PM

It is the biggest baddest SUV for the shortest people to drive. It maked them feel bigger!

thisistank 04-11-2003 05:59 PM

I have gotten the inside word that Nort (unfortunately..Should've bought a Duramax!) has obtained a new Excursion. Now maybe this time he'll lock that F*cker up on some 44's baby!!:D :D

kcgbjc 04-11-2003 06:02 PM

How will he get in if it's on 44's? I'll be there to help if you give me the 31', Nort. :frog:

By the way Tank, I'll be lifting my Burb in a month or two, need to talk. And I think I have the extra condo for Memorial Day, I will know next week.

Steet 04-11-2003 06:08 PM

Originally posted by MitchStellin
I know why....this is a new service for drunk drivers. You can stay behind the wheel and pretend to drive with no chance of getting a drunk driving ticket unless you put it in reverse and back off.....at 50mph:eek: better be on the gas when it hits the ground:D Now we don't want to pick on Nort...he has a good sense of humor but if he gets pinned he will come out fighting. We don't want to start a Traviss situation by labeling someone as something or other. Please be kind and remember he drives or will be driving again the BIGGEST, BADDEST SUV IN THE WORLD AND NO ONE CAN DENY IT....PERIOD. I know, I drive the same truck. A suburban is just a glorified minivan/grocery getter. I know, I had an 01 and I gave it to charity. It could hardly get out of its own way.:D
MitchStellin, and you want us to believe that the excursion can even come close to running with the burb. What have you been drinking? Ain't going to happen, not today not next week. Never, ever.

kcgbjc 04-11-2003 06:10 PM

You can believe in the Excursion all you want. The pudding (proof is in the) is that they are discontinuing it. Meanwhile the Suburban has been in production for decades. Forgive me for not knowing the year of inception.

jafo 04-11-2003 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Steet
MitchStellin, and you want us to believe that the excursion can even come close to running with the burb. What have you been drinking? Ain't going to happen, not today not next week. Never, ever.
PSD 'X'- Real truck with real truck axles and real truck suspension.
At least it has a frame that can accomodate a diesel; GM can't get their beloved aluminum diesel and trans into their little grocery-getter frame- (Frames are built locally to me, Tahoe, H2, and Burbs are built just up the road in Janesville, WI- going to take a new frame design to accomodate that Isuzu diesel).
Amazing to me how many GM/Suburban loyalists there are that bash the Excursion- most have never driven or towed with one.
Mitch got it right, just like I did - get rid of the little GM wannabe truck and get a real one- no drinking necessary.......;) :D

Steet 04-11-2003 06:36 PM

I guess all the owners of the Excursions have to like them. I have a very good friend who owns one and can't trade or give it away. I went with him to the local GM dealer where I am trying to buy a 3500 duramax and he decided after riding with me that this was the ticket. He talked with a salesperson and they actually laughed at him when he mentioned trading it in. They said they had one and could not sale it. With gas at 1.75 per gallon and it getting an honest 6.5 mpg on the open road back and forth to work (70 mile round trip) he can not afford to drive it. One thing I can say, it will tow the load, but he rarely tows. He will be driving a chevy as soon as he can find a person to accept his heartache.

thisistank 04-11-2003 06:42 PM

Originally posted by kcgbjc
How will he get in if it's on 44's? I'll be there to help if you give me the 31', Nort. :frog:

By the way Tank, I'll be lifting my Burb in a month or two, need to talk. And I think I have the extra condo for Memorial Day, I will know next week.

Chris,

YOU ARE ON!!! Hold that condo for me!;) :D

rainmn 04-11-2003 06:47 PM

Originally posted by Steet
With gas at 1.75 per gallon and it getting an honest 6.5 mpg on the open road back and forth to work (70 mile round trip) he can not afford to drive it. One thing I can say, it will tow the load, but he rarely tows. He will be driving a chevy as soon as he can find a person to accept his heartache.
Does he tow his boat back and forth to work or what? :confused:
I have the V-10 in mine, the worst of the choices for gas mileage, and it gets around 12-15 on the highway, 10-11 around town. What the hell is he doing to get 6.5??

thisistank 04-11-2003 06:47 PM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...&postid=429031
By the way heres my "glorifide grocery getter" w/ a 12" lift on 42's!!:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Chris I have a guy up here that will do you right for your lift bro.

Tank

BAD-HABIT 04-11-2003 07:42 PM

G.M.C.

Gotta
Mechanic
Comin
:D :D

Ford

Fantastic
Old
Restored
Digger
:p

PhantomChaos 04-11-2003 07:43 PM

You guys are cracking me up! :D :D :D :D It's like watching a dog chase its tail for hours at a time. :D :D :D :D :D

timucin 04-11-2003 07:55 PM

so... phantom what is the real real?

jafo 04-11-2003 08:00 PM

steet- It's true the resale on the big gas engine vehicles is in the crapper- for ALL the mfg's. Too bad your buddy didn't opt for a PSD Excursion- I get nearly 20 mpg with mine. I wouldn't trade it for anything else- and I used to draw a paycheck from GM, and own stock in the company. (I do still have my '88 Suburban, but it is a different animal than the new ones)
The Excursion was the #1 target of the tree huggers from its debut because it is the biggest SUV on the market- it received a lot of bad pres from the Sierra Club and the like.

And your gas is $1.75 a gallon? That really sucks...... gas is 1.35 here, and diesel is the same, and it is going down.

bowtie 04-11-2003 08:02 PM

I've driven both, Suburban and Excursion. The burb has been around for a long time and will be around for years to come. The Excursion was just a passing fad, it's good for towing, but in reality, if you're serious about towing, a dually is the way to go. And I think GM has the edge on comfort and quiet, which is why you would buy one of these vehicles over a truck anyway.

PhantomChaos 04-11-2003 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gezzzzz.....this thread!!! :D :D :D :D

Tank-

I zoomed out all the way and this is all I could get in the picture, yet your grocery-getter and the boat can fit in your pic. :D :D :D :D

SLINGSHOT 04-11-2003 08:35 PM

HOW MUCH OF A LIFT IS THAT AND WHAT SIZE TIRES? LOOKS GOOD