Need help collecting money LONG distance

Notices

Need help collecting money LONG distance

Old 04-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need help collecting money LONG distance

I did a install for some one on the left coast. I have patiently waited for a year and listened to more excuses then I can take as to why they have not paid (never have they mentioned a problem with the install). They owe me 750 bucks for my travel and parts (I never even charged for the install. I did it cuz all the guys out there in Cali have treated me and my fiance so well I consider them all friends and did not think he would screw me!!!!!!). Anyhow if any of you know of any way that I can put the screws to this clown I sure would apreciate the info. At this point all the contact info except for his AOL AIM name have been changed or do not work, so I am at a loss. Please any of you that know the name of this guy keep it off the board. I do not want this to turn to a slam fest just looking for ideas as to how I can get paid.

Jon
Old 04-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jon,

Collection is tough. If you have a credit application and signed personal guarantee you will find some agencies that may handle it for about 50%. That is because it is so old, and they will have to be tracked down.

We only deal with business customer, no individuals and it is tough. The minimum is 20% if it is less than 120 days and they are still in business. It goes up the older and harder is is to collect.

I have tried three different agancies and they talk a big story, but if the customer don't want to pay, they will not get it. Usually they are only successful in collecting about half I give them.

Not that $750.00 is not a lot of boat gas, but I would write it off as a learning experience.

We require all new accounts now to complete a long credit application and pay for the first order by check or credit card.

It is too bad you cannot trust folks anymore.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 2,945 Likes on 978 Posts

Jon,

Sorry to jump in on your thread...But clean out your mailbox foolio!! I'll send you the pics of the 540's if you email me your email address to [email protected]

Tank
Old 04-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Tank you have mail.

Jon
Old 04-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 2,945 Likes on 978 Posts

I'll email the pics tomrrow......by the way...good luck with the cash thing
Old 04-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HHHmmmmmm....Jon stiffed by a left coast member........Phantom's SUV repo's......HHHmmmmmm.......
Old 04-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

No way man Nort was awsome to work with, aint got nothing but good things to say about Nort.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can file suit on him thru the justice court system there Make out some kind of bill add installation..have the paper served to a address that you know that the person is never home or want answer the door ,so you can get posted service .make sure the constable does not serve it to a person .You will get a court date. go to court and get the judgment .He want show up so you will get a default judgment.if you know were he works file a garnishment ,You will have to send it certified.to his job. find out what credit beauros that are in cal. get some forms from all and fill out and send to them to report on the his credit bureau report.You may be able to send a copy of the judgment to the court system in cal. also.I you had his ssi # it would be better.if they confront you on the posted service on the judgment just dismiss it. then its a wash.

send letters of what he did to you and pastdue notices to his Friends and neighbors.
I don't know your court system there but this can work here in Mississippi,thats what some one told me.

When you go on vacation(so they cant tell were it came from) mail him some anthrax.

Have a lawyer send a letter.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't stand people like that! The guy that bought my checkmate stiffed the surveyor for 500 bucks! I say buy a plane ticket, show up at his front door and punch him in the face!!!!!! You won't get your money but you will feel alot better.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:48 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jon i hear you.

a left coaster is pulling the same crap with me. He's an OSO member though. I've yet to amkea stink abtou it. BUT give iat few more days and everyoen will hear abotu it. FYI he is one of the better known OSO members. And he recently moved to florida.

I think the both of us emight justy chalk this up to a "learning experience". Sucks getting stiffed when you were just trying to help someone out. In my case it styarted as a "small favor" that somehow turned, literally, into a 1600lbs favor.

Quick Reply: Need help collecting money LONG distance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.