Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The ALL-TIME Worlds BEST Throttle Man is.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47564-all-time-worlds-best-throttle-man.html)

cfischer 06-19-2008 07:55 AM

I would say Tommy from Chief Engines. Used to race for Apache and they destroyed everyone when they were racing "Predator" 41' Apache the last couple years.

T2x 06-19-2008 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by bri460 (Post 2594304)
i think it would be tuff to say unless you sat next to them with that said my vote goes to saccenti and don johnson

Don Johnson?????????????????????

Anybody who really knows this sport must be laughing as loud as I am.:D

T2x

T2x 06-19-2008 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe (Post 2594239)
I'm not trying to cause trouble here but.............you guys don't even mention Fabio or Stefano, those guys can/could run a boat. I'm not discounting anyone on your lists but everytime they came here they pretty much raced in rough waters and beat everyone on your lists.

I've been in the Buzzi boats with both Sirois and Gilbreath, both are/were great but couldn't run them like an Italian!!!

Tres Martin was the only person I could say I ran alongside that could run a boat like an Italian!!!

I love your post...I think your nuts, but I love your post...

"run a boat like an Italian".....That's classic.
Bobby Saccenti is the best Italian Throttleman... as far as Fabio is concerned...he's a true genius, and I admire him tremendously..but you rarely throttle a diesel..and he always seemed to be in a bigger more powerful boat than his competition (he is a genius after all:D).

Fabio is one of the sport's icons, but his talent as a T man is not his greatest asset IMHO. As far as Stefano, rest his soul, he was not in the same league as others on this thread again IMHO.

Tres, Richie Powers, John Connor, and many others deserve honorable mention.....

I'll go with my original list.........

On the other hand , where do you put Odell Lewis, John Bakos, Don Pruett, John Stenbach, Dave Gilmore, etc, etc, etc...

T2x

MIAMIBOYZ 06-19-2008 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 2594746)
I would say Tommy from Chief Engines. Used to race for Apache and they destroyed everyone when they were racing "Predator" 41' Apache the last couple years.

As a T/M myself I can say that Tommy is a great choice here. I have been with him in Predator and numerous other boats and he can throttle without skipping a beat.

bri460 06-19-2008 09:58 AM

t2x nice catch it was a joke

WeaponX 06-19-2008 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20 (Post 2594519)
you're a penis... yes you are....:evilb::evilb:

The ladies call me by my first and last name first name LARGE.:D

northernoffshore 06-19-2008 11:12 AM

Toughest t man Chuck Norris.

RELIABLE ONE 06-19-2008 11:24 AM

The guys that made the most money
Steve Curtis
Jerry Gilbreath
John Tomlinson
Jim Dyke

T2x 06-19-2008 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by RELIABLE ONE (Post 2595059)
The guys that made the most money
Steve Curtis
Jerry Gilbreath
John Tomlinson
Jim Dyke

Oh I think Bobby Moore made a buck or two in there someplace.:D

The biggest bargain, by far, is Joey Imprescia. He could still give JT or Stevie a run for someone's money......

T2x

Maximus 06-19-2008 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2594330)
Tres Martin can hold his ground against anybody. I'd love to see Lance Henrichsen in a big boat. If somebody buys me a zillion dollar cat I bet I could run it.

I bet you could too..... but not as fast as ScottyB :)