Notices

Oh this ain't good.......

Old 04-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Shore,

It`s just a plain bolt I think about 1/2"thread. As mentioned before, in salt water use, the bolt siezes up in the steel sleeve on the bellhousing motor mount. I`ve been there before and the last time I fought with it pretty hard. One came out with a 1"drive impact gun and the other one stripped the hex. I did the breaker bar thing too, 1" drive with a 4 foot pipe and it still would not budge. Ended up cutting the head of the bolt off with a cut-off saw and pulled the motor with an electric chainfall. The sleeve pulled out of the rubber mount in the bellhousing. This was kind of a drastic measure but we did not care about the boat, It had been crushed by a big tree and I was stripping the boat and did not have to be careful.

Good luck,

Kurt
Old 04-13-2003, 03:45 PM
marinepro21

If you have access to a bellhousing thats off an engine you will see what your up against.

Good Luck, They can be a *****! Now you understand what we techs go through for the love of working on boats LOL.

If you get upset,take a break and have a cold one. Don't break any fingers.

Keep us posted

Old 04-13-2003, 04:12 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drillin her out boys..........stay tuned......titanium to the rescue....
Old 04-13-2003, 04:13 PM
Mr. Demeanor

The joys of ownership!

Old 04-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Minor technical issue........drilling now......3/16 right through.....1/2....Umm no!
Old 04-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Registered

An if you end up needing a bellhousing, guess what I have, 2 of them that will fit your coupler and not a bravo coupler. Your welcome to one. Good mounts too.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Registered

Formula31....You're kidding right...?....Ya know if I ever have a kid ....Tom is gonna be his or her name...

Needless to say the drilling didn't work.....3/16 went right through.....nothing else did....so there she sits!

I've been keeping a real cool head about this and that is par for my course.....

Oh and did I mention that the little FIRES that those of you may have seen when leaving Daytona this afternoon....It was the entire wooded block across the street from my friggin house.....HOLY CHIT!!!!! I spent two hours hosing the roof yard and everything else in the yard down...little fires everywhere.....Good grief..... but all is well and wet!

Tom if you would be so kind as to send those parts too I would soo apprecite it and those mounts would be greatly appreciated as the ones that are on there now are buggered beyond imagine... of course this would be my fault also!
Old 04-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Registered

OK, one flywheel housing on its way. You will need to get 2 new mounting bolts and nuts from merc. Maybe springs and washers to if they are shot.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Banned

That's great F31, nothing like the OSO brotherhood!
Old 04-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Registered

Man I tell ya what......Formula31 rocks...ya know what they say Tom!

What goes around comes around......you're gonna have plenty coming back to ya!

Ya know guys I don;t know how many of you have been following my repair issues but this is NOT the first time Formula31 had helped me out on this issue.And that I will remember for a LONGGGGG time.ThnX Buddy........Terry

I wish I had a webcam to let you guys watch me do this DAMN boat!.....You'd be amazed at the patience from a person with tiny mosqiutos biting him $30 Titanium bits breaking off and black ashes falling on his head from the fire across the street.All the while talking politely to the 70 year old neighbor right behind him....