Notices

Sturgeon Bay Poker Run

Old 04-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Sturgeon Bay Poker Run

HAS an one from here done this poker run and what did you think? I am looking at going to it and just wanted some feedback. Thank You. Steve
Old 04-14-2003, 07:19 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We did it last year for the first time and liked it. It was a pretty run along the shoreline of Door county. The people at the yacht club did a nice job and the club setup was good. The downside this year is we are having difficulty finding a slip. The poker run is scheduled the same time as another event from 2 marinas in the area and slips are hard to find in the area of the yacht club.

Not sure yet whether we will do it again this year or not.

Rick
Old 04-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Registered

Default S.B.P.R.

Rick thank you for the information. Do you have to raft off to everyone because of the slip problems?
Old 04-15-2003, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did it last year as well as Rick. Beautiful ride and set up well. I'm sure we'll be there again this year.

If you go, don't forget to stop at Nicolet Bay on the return trip. It's THE SPOT!

Rick - How's it going?

See ya' there, Jeff

Last edited by jbrauer; 09-17-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:55 AM
rv
Registered

There is a sea wall around the yacht club that several people will tie off of and raft from. They would do that during the Friday night kickoff party and Saturday afternoon/evening after the poker run. However, I don't think they stayed there overnight. Most everyone had slips at marinas for staying over night. You can always pull the boat at night as the public boat launch is within a block or so. We are hoping to get a slip in a marina in the area to keep the boat overnight at. Then we will drive over to the yacht club do join the run.

Jeff,
Long time no talk. We are doing good. I have been polishing the boat up real good this winter and hoping to get in the water any weekend now. We are still planning on going to the run as long as a slip works out. Have you located a slip yet and if so where are you staying. Keep in touch.

Rick
Old 04-15-2003, 12:02 PM
Registered

RV,

Polishing is an understatement - don't you think. You almost need welding goggles to look at it.

Steve
Old 04-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered

Default S.B.P.R.

Thanks for the information I will run across or coming down from Mac. Island to do the run, hope to see you there. Steve
Old 04-16-2003, 06:24 AM
Registered

Rick

Sounds like you've been busting butt on your boat. I'd love to get a better look at it this year.

Same here working on the boat. Pulled both motors and freshened them up, repainted the bilge, rewired the entire boat from the dash back, new bilge pumps, new blowers, new thru-hull water pick-ups, relocated trim and tab pumps, relocated the batteries, added treadplate, etc., etc. Should be done and in the water within a week!

Haven't checked on a slip yet. My parents have a home in Sturgeon Bay so no need for lodging. They are heading there for the summer after Easter. Once they get there I'm going to have my dad do some checking around for a slip. I'll let you know what he finds.

Either way I'm sure there will be some where to keep your boat tied up. I say go for it, they'll surely let you raft up at the yacht club. That's what we will probably do.

Nykamp - Look forward to meeting you!

Jeff
Old 04-16-2003, 07:09 AM
rv
Registered

Stevel, can't wait to see it outside in the sun. Hopefully, all of the work payed off. So far looks good though.

Jeff, absolutely on hooking up. We didn't get a chance last time to talk much or checkout the boats. Seems like we had that problem with other people we planned on meeting. I remember talking with RonS and never hooked up with him or Klaws. I saw Klaws at lunch but that was it.

Sounds like you have had your hands full as well. Did you just freshen those engines or a little tweeking as well?

Nykamp, looking forward to meeting you.

Rick
Old 04-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Registered

One of the finest well organized poker runs around. Been a sponsor for six years now. Jeff Tebon and his hard working crew does not receive enough credit as well as the sturgeon bay yacht club for there great hospitality.Just excellent.

Quick Reply: Sturgeon Bay Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.