Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The GOOD and BAD in Daytona!.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47768-good-bad-daytona.html)

audacity 04-15-2003 07:19 AM

The GOOD and BAD in Daytona!....

First I would like to say that the loss of Jack in Daytona really hit home to a lot of racers and fans...It is a HUGE loss to offshore racing. Jack did not talk a lot of ****. He just went out there and showed everyone, time and time again that he was one of the best throttlemen in the sport....AND with out a doubt the best a Formula has ever seen! They put a huge effort into racing and it showed! Our team will for sure miss him! I think Jack would like to see the rest of us continue doing what we love doing! I would like to think he went how he wanted.....

Howard, I will not say i know know your pain, because I do not. The loss is tremendous!

The good?...Well,,,it seems so very small in comparison!

Dean Ferry 04-15-2003 08:27 AM

Joey,
Very true! The whole weekend was darkened by the loss of JS.
God bless his family.
MD

dockrocker 04-15-2003 08:32 AM

Amen Joey, well said.

BTW, congrats on your win - I believe this is two years in a row now? Looks like Daytona might be your town...

CigDaze 04-15-2003 08:46 AM

Very true, indeed.
The reverberations of the tragedy are felt throughout by racers and fans alike. May his family receive many blessings.

Shane 04-15-2003 09:05 AM

Well said Audacity. I was wondering if the cause of death has yet been determined or released? Did he die as a function of the crash or was the crash a function of his death? i.e. heart attack etc? Certainly, this is a tragic loss to all. The reason for my curiosity is safety. Does safety need to be looked at? Is this just a racing incident? etc. Best wishes to the family of Jack.

kitten 04-15-2003 09:12 AM

:( My heart goes out to Jack's wife and 3 small children. Please keep them in your prayers. :(

Ron P 04-15-2003 09:26 AM

Three races, three accidents and one death, what is going on here?

Congrates on your win Joe, you smoked the field!

audacity 04-15-2003 09:32 AM

from what i understand from people in the choppers....his jacket, helmet, clothes, and shoes were blown off due to the impact...he was under the water for 4 mins.

this is why i take safety in pleasure boating VERY seriously!...the speeds of todays hi-perf boats ARE serious!

Ron,,,the boats are closer than ever...in the drag race from the start we were NOT the fastest top end boat out there...just the fastest around the track.....NO ONE has 5 mph on ANYONE anymore...

JKK 04-15-2003 11:01 AM

It is definitely a sad day for boating and the APBA. Jack not only was a great throttlemen and overall boat racing competitor, but a wonderful person and my friend. Jack will be missed by all who have had the pleasure to know him in anyway, this world has truly lost someone special.

Please help to support Jack's family. Information can be found on the APBA and Formula websites.

Jeff Krischano AKA "JK"

Throttles F2-24 - Let's Play

audacity 04-15-2003 11:54 AM

JK,,,we are really sorry for your loss...

after winning i looked up and saw Tom's face....the loss of Jack with out a doubt affected us all.

if you and or pat want to get together soon....we are all for it!!...just call us if you need Dre' or I!!!!!...give pat our love!