Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   West Michigan Spring Sea Trial (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47855-west-michigan-spring-sea-trial.html)

dyno 04-16-2003 09:14 AM

West Michigan Spring Sea Trial

anyone want to get together and make a run down to Sausage- tuckfrom Holland or something??we can always run in Muskegon Lake grab Lunch at BLT or Dockers...how about next weekend its going to be cold as a ***** this weekend....anyone interested?

fred 04-16-2003 10:32 AM

I won't be ready yet but may go as a "Gilligan"...as Waterfoul would say....Fred

dyno 04-16-2003 11:57 AM

What you got going Fred? we could hold off a couple weeks if your gettin close Kaama's drives are off and Fouls waiting for his oil pump...when would it work out for everyone?

fred 04-16-2003 01:08 PM

I'm changing exhaust, painting bilge, polyurethaning cockpit floor, painting center of bow......and more, also doing home improvements (the wifes list) and some car body work on the side...... I probably won't be actually ready until mid May......Fred

MitchStellin 04-16-2003 03:52 PM

I'm game, just need to get it out of storage and drop it in. I'll keep in touch.

dyno 04-16-2003 08:42 PM

ttt

dyno 04-17-2003 09:23 AM

ttt again!

fred 04-17-2003 10:21 AM

Dyno, is Waterfoul changing his engines oil pump?...did he re-due his engine this winter or what?....Fred

Crazyhorse 04-17-2003 11:16 AM

Waterfoul is doing a little bottom-end work on the 454. He should be running soon.
Count us in on the spring run, just as long as it's not 40 degrees.

Rambunctious 04-17-2003 12:08 PM

I'm ready, even the drain plug is in.

our SEA100 club officially doesn't have a fun run date until May
( you all are invited BTW) but some of us like to try to go at the end of April, just to say we CAN!!!

how about a week night on one of those hot nights that comes right after the weekend when everyone is back to work?
Holland to Saugatuck run to Wally's?

I have a friend who is negotiating on a PQ 290 and will be dying for his maiden voyage too.

MIdnightRider 04-17-2003 12:59 PM

Drank my First Beer of the year This Week!

Let me clarify that, while I was in my boat, while it sat in my driveway!:D I should have her ready to go about the weekend after labor day maybe for the Hardy Party. New ignitions, plugs, oil, valve covers, flame arrestors, some rigging, new stereo, some new switches, drive service, reworked props, a rub and wax, all times three, ahhhh , I MIGHT MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN BY CHRISTMAS OR NEW YEARS, MAYBE. Midnight:cool:

??? Is the SOTW entry fee refundable???

PatriYacht 04-17-2003 04:44 PM

I'll be sea trialling my new (used) Black Thunder on Muskegon Lake on May 3rd. Keeping all fingers crossed that I can just tow it home after.

dyno 04-17-2003 06:39 PM

Cool 40scarab, I guess you will be changing your user name soon !!! you guys tell me when it works for everyone I'm having surgery on Monday so I'll be layed up for a few days for sure!!

Red Stripe 04-19-2003 07:25 AM

Originally posted by 40scarab
I'll be sea trialling my new (used) Black Thunder on Muskegon Lake on May 3rd. Keeping all fingers crossed that I can just tow it home after.
Hey, is that the Black Thunder thats in the Sales building at Great Lakes Marina? If so, NICE BOAT :D

I just got my boat out of storage so I'm not going to be ready for a while yet. Too many things I want to do to it:rolleyes: ;)

Depending on when you guys go, I might be able to talk Andy into bringing his newer, larger Checkmate for a spin. It's going in for some new graphics today and he wont get it back for a couple of weeks. Keep me posted!! :D

Red Stripe 04-19-2003 07:27 AM

Originally posted by dyno
Cool 40scarab, I guess you will be changing your user name soon !!! you guys tell me when it works for everyone I'm having surgery on Monday so I'll be layed up for a few days for sure!!
Surgery? Yikes!! Good luck dude!!

PatriYacht 04-20-2003 01:28 PM

Yes that's the one Red Stripe. Have you ever seen it around? It seems to be in great shape but I haven't had a chance to test drive it. Water was too hard. Couldn't take a chance on someone else buying it before spring.

yzbert 04-20-2003 02:30 PM

have to hopefully pick up my boat at loto next weekend.

Red Stripe 04-26-2003 09:25 AM

Originally posted by 40scarab
Yes that's the one Red Stripe. Have you ever seen it around? It seems to be in great shape but I haven't had a chance to test drive it. Water was too hard. Couldn't take a chance on someone else buying it before spring.
Sorry it took so long to get back to this post! Been busy trying to find a job:p
Not sure if I've seen it on the water before but I was just in Great Lakes Marina a couple of weeks ago and saw it in there. Looked pretty darn sweet if you ask me:D

Good luck with your new boat!!:cool:

Crazyhorse 04-27-2003 06:10 AM

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the Black Thunder. I ubderstand the previous owner was quite meticulous. Barb and I would walk past it quite often while walking the dogs and it was always clean and waxed.

velocity260 04-27-2003 12:40 PM

heck our harbour in marquette still is covered with ICE not Boating till may up here.