Notices

OSO's Most Wanted!

Old 04-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OSO's Most Wanted!

< Bruce Dudley >

can anyone help the officials find this man?

several months ago (the exact date is unknown but it is believed to be in january), bruce closed shop and changed his phone numbers without leaving any forwarding information for the people who gave him money for parts and services. he has made absolutely no attempt to contact existing customers to work out settlements on his debts.

there are six of us (that i know of), who have been "hung" by bruce, they may sign into this thread too, if they so choose. i think i speak for all of us when i say, we believe that bruce should be held accountable for the consequences of his actions and hope someone will be able to help.

the problem is that he has disappeared with approximately $45,000 that customers gave him in exchange for parts and services, with completion dates of more than a year ago. the issue isn't whether he's had a run of bad luck, is a bad businessman, or is a talented con artist; the issue is that he is eluding his responsibilities as a businessman and as a citizen.

his refusal to provide services, parts, or even attempt to work out a settlement agreement with his customers has now resulted in a "missouri felony arrest order" on charges of "theft" and "theft by deceit".

so far he has managed to elude police detectives, but we have reason to believe he is still in the st. louis area and that someone in the marine industry may have knowledge of his whereabouts.

if anyone has information on where bruce is living, visiting, working, ext. please contact the assigned criminal detective at [email protected] ; i am also in direct contact with the detective and can forward any and all provided information. anyone who does help may remain anonymous.

a lot of thanks to OSO and all who help.

unfortunately, my work schedule only allows me internet access on weekends, but i do have my cell phone 24-7.

Last edited by dean campbell; 04-19-2003 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't bother with the police if you find him, just shoot the focker! You ain't getting no money from him, so might as well prevent him from ever doing this chit he has done to many of us!
Old 04-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Registered

That is just NO GOOD!!!

On the lighter side, and from other recent thread(s), I, and I am sure many others, appreciate the 'heads up' that your guys's warnings give to our "community!"

A great big THANK YOU for watching out for others.

Justin
Old 04-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. You can kiss 100% of that money good bye!

2. Just say names no games

3. goodluck finding him
Old 04-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Registered

Default Seeking Justice

As one of the people who trusted Bruce 2 years ago by giving him $7,000 to begin rebuilding my motors, I have made many attempts to resolve this with him. My last attempt was in mid January when I arranged with him to drive to St. Louis to pick up my parts and money. He called me at 5:30 in the morning while I was driving to St. Louis and told me that he would meet me at his shop at 10:00 am. I arrived at 9:45 and waited (called his cell several times) until 3:00 the next day for him to arrive. He never showed up or called. On my way out of town I stopped to file a police report. He finally called me after the police were able to speak with him by phone and he stated that he had slept all day Friday and missed my calls and assumed that I was already home on Saturday morning (even though I left messages again on Saturday morning).

Is he still trying to take of his customers? His actions would indicate that he is not. He left me a voice mail on March 22 and said that he would contact me by the following Friday to arrange pickup of my money. As of today, still no call and now his cell number is disconnected again. When I have spoken with his other customers, they have stated that he has not made any contact with them. Is this the action of a man trying to honor promises and work with his customers?

At this point, my objective to see him held accountable for stealing in excess of $40,000 from several customers including me. The detective has stated that he believes these are cases of Class D Felonies which includes up to 5 years in jail , and up to $5,000 fine for each offense. My preference would be for him to work out some arrangements with those of us from whom he stole, but he continues to avoid all contact. From my perspective his choices are to work with each of us and arrange some form of payments, or spend up to 30 years in jail and pay the fines. Since he has been unwilling to contact any of us, it appears he would rather spend time doing time.

If you are in the St. Louis area and see him, please contact the detective listed in Dean's email. He has committed to bringing him in for questioning and filing the appropriate charges.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 04-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I have to say that I was one of those guys that said give him time, he will come through. I look at this now and wonder what happened to this guy????? I always try and give people the benifiet of the doubt and it looks like you all did as well. At this time it looks like you are doing all that you can, and have tried to work things out in a resonable manor with Bruce. It is very sad to see that you all got burned so bad. At this time if that is how Bruce handled things and continues to handle things then he gets what the law will allow. Sad for him and even worse for you guys!!!! As you all have read I have had my fair share of problems getting hosed by different customers, so I can relate to your situation.

Troutly I know how ya feel in regards to people not naming names. In this case I feel that the naming is warranted 100%. I know that a lot of guys wanted me to name who had hosed me for 750.00. I however feel that the likelyhood that any of you all doing any business with my guy was about zero. I still feel that at this time, were he still says that he will pay me and that he is just going through a rough time, I do not want to hang him out to dry...... just yet. Last I was told he has not been boating and has taken his boat out of the dry stacks, stored it, and has not been using it. Some times naming a name with some one you feel you have a chance of getting payed by can be counter productive. My hope in posting what I did was to get information on collection and believe me information that I got was helpfull.

Jon
Old 04-21-2003, 07:14 PM
mlitefan

Someone knows where Bruce is. Come on people, losing money to a con man is not fun at all. Someone please step up and provide some information. You know good and well the man is ripping others off as we speak. Trust me, getting burned hurts.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:44 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Jon your low life buddy is posting on "the other board" now
Old 04-22-2003, 07:03 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Bruce Dudley
Stateamind Watersports
122 Ford Lane
Hazelwood, MO 63042

[email protected]
(314) 731-3795

This was the last information I had on him.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

What is it with people in the marine business from that area? You all know the lengths I had to go through to collect my money. Geez. Good luck everyone. I know EXACTLY how you feel. If you need the name of a GREAT attorney in the area that is EXTREMELY reasonable let me know.

Shane

Quick Reply: OSO's Most Wanted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.