Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which cell phone company to go with??? >

Which cell phone company to go with???

Notices
View Poll Results: Which cell service should I go with ??
Cingular
14.04%
T-Mobile
8.77%
Sprint PCS
17.54%
U.S. Cellular
1.75%
Other
57.89%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Which cell phone company to go with???

Old 04-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had cell 1 then sprint then nextell now I have at&t and they are by far the best.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:41 AM
Registered

Im going with the majority and saying Verizon. I did alot of research before choosing them. So far so good!
Old 04-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Registered

nextel
Old 04-19-2003, 11:32 AM
marinepro21

Can you here me now?

Old 04-19-2003, 01:15 PM
Registered

Until I resigned to sit on the beach, I worked at Wall Street fund and managed about $900 million which I invested in wireless companies. I will tell you that they all have strengths and weakensses. Use the one which has the best service in your area and which offers you the rate you can afford for the amount of service you need. T-Mobile will be the cheapest and will allow you the freedom of roaming in 170+ other countries with the same phone and number. AT&T is a dominant player in Chicago, but they are in the middle of transitioning their network from TDMA to GSM but are having trouble paying for the upgrade. They also have problems with a lack of spectrum capacity to handle their customer base in many areas. Sprint has the most spectrum, but has the fewest number of cells in many areas leading to service interruptions. Cingular and Verizon probably provide the best overall service, but you pay a lot for it and they are only marginally better than anyone else.

I use T-Mobile and have for years even though I didn't invest much in them, if that gives you an idea of how crappy the choices can be.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Registered

Thumbs up at&t UNLIMITED

I have at&t unlimited calling with long distance no other fees applied ,contracted for 2 yrs 100.00 a month plus taxes which equals 114.00 a month ,I use about 2000 to 2,500 minutes a month ,The reception is great .But there are certain zones it can only be used which these are major cities so no problems,Have never had any problems other than getting my 100.00 rebate on the phone which is seimens westinghouse ,not at&t. This has been almost a year now and no rebate I don't think they offer this anymore but sure got in at the right time. CAN YOU HEAR ME KNOW/

can you hear me

NOW.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Verizon here Had AT/T it was horrible here Philly!
Old 04-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered

got sprint & verzion. As stated above Sprint Customer service sucks. Have had the same verizon phone number since 88. My answer is Verizon.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Registered

When my Sprint contract was up, I dropped them like a bad habit. Service sucked, and if you are not in a major city or along a major highway the roaming charges rack up quickly. Just joined up with Verizon. So far, the service and coverage area has been excellent.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have tried 4 different cell phone companies over the years. At&T and Cingular had good coverage but with 1400 buck a month bills they were NOT worth it. Cingular was the worst by far as they would bill the same phone call 3-4 months in a row. Nextel at the time that I tried them was horrible but I have heard that they have made some great strides in the last few years. I have Sprint and for the money it is what I find to be the best deal going. In the area that I live they have excelect coverage and my bills are now a respectable 150-175 bucks a month. That is for 3500-4000 peak min a month!!!! Your best bet however is to make sure that what ever company you go with they allow you a 30 day no penalty back out with all your money back. Most will give this to you if you ask. Then you can try it out and see if it is good for you as we all use them different.

Jon

Quick Reply: Which cell phone company to go with???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.