Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Its official, this whole working thing isnt for me. >

Its official, this whole working thing isnt for me.

Notices

Its official, this whole working thing isnt for me.

Old 04-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its official, this whole working thing isnt for me.

It is now official, I shouldnt be working. Last real place of employment burn down March 4, 2002. Have been applying everywhere for a job since then, two looked promising. One was at a car wash, I worked on one sunday for 3 hours, the guy said to come in next Sunday at 11, and marked it on the schedule board. I come in the next sunday, at 10:55, ready to work. He then says, it isnt busy today, I never scheduled you, but could have used you last Sunday. So Im thinking "WTF???? I was here last sunday you idiot." I said to him, I was here last Sunday and he says, "Well, we could have used you then" By this time I am confused as the lake on 4th of july. He says come back next saturday and I tell him I will be at the boat show, he says to call when I get back, I tell him it wont be till late, he says then call Sunday. I slept till 5 sunday and called him, he has yet to call back. (Jan 24 or 27). 2 weeks ago I apply at Drug mart, call a few days later, they say come in for an interview, The guy has never heard of me, so I have to fill out another application. I do the interview, it went well (At least I think) and then he says he will call. 2 weeks later, No call. I call today and the lady tells me they have a full staff. (The sign is still up for "NOW HIRING") So I have accepted the conclusion that this whole working thing isnt for me. I am going to stay in retirement and move down to the Caribbean.

Tommy
Old 04-19-2003, 05:31 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

You should apply for the "boat boy" job packinair has open.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Cheer up !!!!!!!! It gets worse !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Registered

Jobs arent nothin but work anyway!
Old 04-19-2003, 06:14 PM
JnT
Registered

Try car dealers.I detailed cars when I was in high school.Best day was when I had to deliver a 2 month old Buick Grand National.I was in heaven!Got to drive a lot of hot cars of the day!
Old 04-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Yeah, what obnoxus said!!!

The car dealer thing sounds like it might not bee too bad Tommy. Probably pick up some skills that will help you be packinair's boat boy too.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered

Tommy, don't get discouraged. If they are that disorganized you are better off not working there anyway. My two daughters used to get jerked around too. And then the dumb ass's probably complain about today's kids and how they don't want to work. And besides, how many kids can say that they are the mascot for OSO?

Last edited by bucky; 04-19-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Registered

Try Home Depot.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:22 PM
ren3

Tommy, this should be a real wake up call for you to study your ass off, get as much education as you can cram into your head, but make sure that you learn how to think. Most people, and all the ones that you interviewed with obviously missed the thinking major. Have as much fun as you can on boats, and thank all the wonderful people on this board that think a lot of you. Love your parents and friends, and cherish their love for you. But, at the end of a day in the future YOU are the only person who can get you where you want and need to be. I have two sons, 15 and 19, and they get this little lecture regularly. I love these big boats and I am thrilled that you are getting such an early start, but have you ever considered where the money comes from to fill a 200 gallon tank with premium at a marina? I am never going to fill a gas tank unless the table and pantry at home are overflowing. Get the education; there is just no substitute! Godspeed. Bob.

Old 04-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AHHHHHH I can remember working late one night at the car dealership when a car carrier came in with 4 new 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am's. I put a dealer tag in the back window popped off the T-tops and went for a ride wind up putting 20 bucks of my own money in the fuel tank! I can remember smokin the sh*t out of some guy in a new corvette and him asking if i had NOS Ahhhhh the good ole' days

Quick Reply: Its official, this whole working thing isnt for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.