Notices

Thanks Cowisl

Old 04-20-2003, 08:42 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Thanks Cowisl

Popped the cherry on the new boat today on beautiful and very windy Lake Champlain. A few gremlins showed up but nothing more than expected and they were dealt with in the usual matter ($$$).
While at the ramp around noon bringing the rig back in cowils (Chris) showed up with his friend Bryan. Well we talked and Chris ends up coming back to the place where we keep the boat. We wash the thing for a while and my wife shows up with beer and food. Then Chris starts working in the bilge man he clean that thing like you could eat out of the bottom of that engine bay!!! Just in value it looked like it would be worth $10K more. He;s rubbing away and by this time it's 5pm and the sun is just great 80 deg but still windy as hell. I felt so guilty for all the work he put in that I decided to take him for a ride.
So drive back down to the only descent ramp this time of year, which incidentally you have to drive straight Thur downtown with all the granola eating, hemp wearing, quasi intellectuals I know better than you type wearing tofu sandals and say what!! looking at a boat with 2X 502's getting pulled by a V-10. Backed that thing up in the drink crank those bad boys up and off we go doing a few 65 MPH passes and catching a little air in those short radius-ed 5'footers.
Cigarette's are all there, smooth as heck. We got out of there with both huge sh!t eating grins, annoyed a few bark chewers and went our merry way.

Great Day for an April outing in Vermont.

Thanks again Chris for all the help.

Oh yahh 65MPH first time out, Chris was holding the GPS. That Gaffrig speedo was lower than the GPS I'have not seen that often.
Attached Thumbnails Thanks Cowisl-041903-summer-setup3.jpg  
Old 04-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for my fist Cigarette ride.....Not a bad way to start ioffthe season if i dont say so myself.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:15 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Fred
The only other thing out were small aluminum fishing boats with outboards they were bobbing up and down like on a roller-coaster out there in those waves. We're zipping along back and forth bone dry and eating up those waves like nothing. Nothing beats a v-hull, length and weight in those kinds of waves!!!