Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Remember not to buy his CD's. >

Remember not to buy his CD's.

Notices

Remember not to buy his CD's.

Old 04-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Remember not to buy his CD's.

I don't know if everybody's TV stations have the commercial for Jimmy Buffet's cd set that is out. But where I am at it's on every ten minutes. Most of us probably know that he is a chairman and a lot of the $$$ behind the save the manatee act. He is a die hard blow boater and feels it would be just fine to stop power boating in Florida. I used to like his bar music until I learned this about him about 8 year's ago.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with you...I learned of his views about a year ago and will never buy a single cd of his...

His views on the environment certainly did not preclude him from building a 200' dock in Sag Harbor, NY so he can tie his boats up...you can proabaly also bet that his other waterfront properties are simliarly developed.

It the typical I've got mine and I don't want you to have yours mentality that you get from particularly those who live on the water. It's next to impossible to build on, or otherwise improve on vacant waterfront land in Southampton town(where our good friend lives).

There is even a moratorium on all boat lifts, including hydrohoists and elevators...
Old 04-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Registered

It's a lethal combination: too much dope + too much money without really having had to work for it = a whacked out liberal trying to tell the rest of the world how to live.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Registered

I know, I live on the water and as of a week ago when you file to put up or repair a bulk head it went from $200.00 to $2000.00. Just to file and if they turn you down they keep the $$$.

Lucky for me my bulk head was just done and it was a real nice job so it should out last me.

I am getting ready to do some work to my dock and put up some lift's but they wont know unless they see me do it. It's just to much of a pain in the ass to deal with them. Unless they catch you doing it or have pictures of what it looked like they can't prove it. That's how my uncle got out of a bunch of chit, they knew he did something but couldn't prove it and he put in a boat ramp, all I want is to add a walk way around my boat and another lift for my skiff. the whole job isn't going to cost 2k I'll be dammed if I'am going to pay that to file for it.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:03 AM
riskybusiness

Thumbs down

Political views aside, I'm so sick of his music being played all day long on the Cape Cod radio stations anyway, I could just puke coathangers.

The novelty wore off immediately, for me, anyway---I'll stick with AC/DC, thank you.

BTW---He's not as enviro-friendly as he may portray, as he just jumped in bed with a major sportfishing yacht manufacturer to not only promote their boats, but get one for himself, of course.

THis, alone doesn't make him a bad guy (I'll have one, too, someday) ---it's the hypocrisy (sp?) that does.

Don't worry about me--I wouldn't have bought his CD's anyway. Now I just have more reasons not to.

Old 04-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Registered

riskybusiness

I've been a problem child myself
Old 04-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem here, I never liked his music and never bought any so to Jimmy
Old 04-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I'll keep buying the same Ted Nugent CD's over and over. That guy is pro-american and pro-freedom and speaks his mind freely.

He is also pro-human. He does agree that it is up to us to protect endangered species, but that WE are the "current" owners of this planet and it is senseless to value an animal more than a person. His view is that all of the bleeding hearts need to devote their money and efforts towards helping suffering legal American human children and to continue in that direction until there are no more suffering legal American human children before dropping a dollar or printing a word in media about overzealously demanding any sort of overly restrictive protection for a dam animal.

He is also a strong advocate for protecting our borders and enforcing current immigration statutes, as opposed to inventing new useless ones.

Last edited by mcollinstn; 04-18-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Spread the word. There are a lot of boaters out there that will list Buffet as some of their favorite boating music. Little do they know that he is trying to take away the thing they love most.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

long live TED NUGENT!

Thats Funny Buffet's house in Key West has a boat slip/dock right out back in the canal

Quick Reply: Remember not to buy his CD's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.