Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   7th Annual Chicago ThundeRun...June 21st (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48278-7th-annual-chicago-thunderun-june-21st.html)

eliminator219 04-28-2003 09:44 PM

FFO

John
Joe still has his Sunsation, it went to a marine shop in Mich and put on the showroom floor for sale, Didnt bring the price he wanted so he went up last weekend and picked it up..Seen him doing what he always is doing to it CLEANING and WAXING...Like I keep telling him they may call him a Mexican but not a dirty Mexican!!He washes that boat and truck even on the days he doesnt use them..He is keeping it in Omeras garage on the right just as you pull in to Doynes..If you are around stop and have a cool on with us..Will move into 7 in about a week or so..

Rich, got your application for the run today. thanks will get it back to you tomorrow..

eliminator219

FFO 04-28-2003 10:33 PM

Hi LES I saw Joe today at Doyne's . HE told me the same thing you just did .. I told him about the "THUNDERUN" HE said he would like to do the short run . That's what I am going to do . So looks Like we all can go together !!! Payton are you doing short or long ?

candyman35 04-28-2003 11:15 PM

You guys don't have to decided on the short route so quick. Make your decision the day of the run. There was an all ladies team in a 24' Baja that did the long run in 4-5's one year. She bought a new boat for the next run.
Dan

OBNOXUS21 04-29-2003 01:45 AM

This is starting to sound like a GREAT time ;) !!!

---- FFO -- No, my boat is not 21', that is my favorite number and how much of a classic she is at this time ;) :) ;)

I am definitely looking forward to this event!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any and all recommendations are welcome, since I have never been in these areas.

Thanks

boatfreak 04-29-2003 06:49 AM

Will this thing fill up or can I get in a day or two before the run? I can't make plans that far in advance. Work sucks!

Rich Obren 04-29-2003 01:56 PM

Boatfreak 28, in answer to your question of will this event fill up the answer is yes. In answer to your question as to can you enter a day or two before the event, in all fairness to the providers of food (cocktail party, breakfast, lunch and dinner), t shirts, event bags, and let the list go on, well you no the answer. This is a charity event and the worst case is you have a possible write off. The other thing that you can do is give it away to a friend for them to attend or sell your spot to someone on the waiting list.

The good news is usually once you commit, if you are like me, I find the time. We are also the only Poker Run on south Lake Michigan, this year. This is our 7th year and we no what you want, and we give it to you.

Candyman has made a good point at pointing out that when you sign up for the poker run you make the choice the day of the run as to if you want to take the short run or the long run. The deciding factor is usually the following:

1. Weather
2. Water condition
3. How much did I drink the night before
4. How much did my crew drink the night before

As you can see this is your event. We all start in the same location, have lunch in the same location, dinner in the same location. Some go further because they want to. Trust me we all see each other and party together.

If I have you confused that is part of your fun. Remember we always have too much fun.

Ask Back4more or Candyman or Zoomnfun they are always there.

boatfreak 04-30-2003 08:33 AM

Well if you are going to make me feel guilty about it I guess I'll just have to get my work done. :D Sounds like a lot of fun so count me in.

Rich Obren 04-30-2003 09:09 AM

Work hard, play hard. Glad you are joining us!

stevel 04-30-2003 12:46 PM

Hey Candyman,

I also ran the whole run in those big waves in my 25 foot boat. We were running together and the girls decided to hit it. There was a lot of air under their props. We chose the slow and steady way. We would pass them when they stopped to let their engine cool down. They were spending so much time in the air that their engine overheat alarm would sound. Then they would pass us again and we would pass them again. It was a fun day. It took everyone a few days for their back to return to normal.

Rich - How about getting a chiropracter to sponsor the event!

Steve

Rich Obren 04-30-2003 01:38 PM

Steve

Great idea I will see what I can do. There is a new added feature this year that should help the back pain. We will have 4 hours of open bar with premium alcohol at dinner this year. This bar bill is on me, so I can bet no one will feel any pain until the next morning.

I guess one of the prizes needs to be aspirin!