scammed on e-bay need advice!!!

Notices

scammed on e-bay need advice!!!

Old 04-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scammed on e-bay need advice!!!

first time on e-bay and i get scammed out of $1000 along with 6 others!! purchased a set of 2003 dodge ram 20' rims and tires from a person that supposily had 6 sets of these dealer take offs from a dealership in corpus christi . lady that set up e-bay listing assured me this was legit. sent me a confirmation that she recived my western union money order and that rims were shipped last tues ups and would send me tracking number. well did'nt hear from her and sent e-mails to her and left message on her cell phone!! all 6 of us get a e-mail today saying that she can't deliver goods because person that she was dealing with does'nt have goods!!! tells us she will work on getting our money back and be patient!!! what should i do ? have the guys home and cell number and left him a message and e-mail and left the girl a phone message and e-mail and have her home address.
can't believe this dishonesty ?
Old 04-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This type of situation is very serious and has ramifacations as serious as mail fraud. Sorry I have no advice on what to do, but I have heard of others with this problem and action can be taken.

Good luck
Old 04-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got stung once on Ebay from a person in Florida, the US Postal Inspector got involved, got all my money back. They frown on mail fraud! Call your Postmaster and find out. Paul
Old 04-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Registered

I think Square Trade is the arbiter of eBay disputes and fraud. Should be a link to it on eBay. Good luck getting your money back. I have had great luck on eBay but have several friends that have gotten screwed also!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I guess I have to blow my cover here

I am a Postmaster here for the US Postal Service.
call your local post office and tell them you need the number to the Postal Inspectors for mail fraud they will take all the info from you. make sure you tell them you mailed this person the money order. Have all of her info with you as well.

I'm not sure if it will help you may get the run around call
1-800-ask-usps. If you want I will talk to my friend who is an Inspector and ask what can be done.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Registered

Notify Ebay on the happenings right away. They will investigate the situation and they may refund your money. There is a section on the homepage that you can click on to report situations like this.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Checking on Ebay is a good idea. When you (anyone) signs up on Ebay to sell stuff, I am pretty sure you have to leave your credit card info. I would check that out and burn that scumbag. I wouldn't doubt that the lady you were talking with had something to do with it.
Good Luck
Old 04-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Taking money and not delivering the goods=jail time.

Contact the person and demand your money back. Use the word FRAUD many times in your conversation. Give them one day to over night your money back and then go balls to the wall.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ebay is not very helpful . They told me" they do not police the site . they just provide a place for us to do our trading and it is up to us to work it out . " Your thing is much more serious though and I am sure they will do something . I like the post master thing !!

I just got this e-mail from ebay about how they are modifying their user agreement page to make things more secure .
Click here to see it :

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/uarevision3-faq.html
Old 04-17-2003, 02:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with Ron P. EXCESSIVE USE of the word FRAUD! And FRAUD across state lines. Serious offenses.

Quick Reply: scammed on e-bay need advice!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.