Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
You Ford guys will like this pic...okay, Chevy too!! >

You Ford guys will like this pic...okay, Chevy too!!

Notices

You Ford guys will like this pic...okay, Chevy too!!

Old 04-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dyno
Looks like a law suit to me....

I gotta agree with you there dyno. If something happened my money says that the company will leave the employee out to dry.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Allan4

That's OUR business Cord. What the hell kinda comment is that???

Hey dyno, the truck is rated to pull that wieght and every wheel on the rig has brakes. We all have CDL's and were tested with one of these rigs you see (or an older one just as big and heavy). What the hell is the matter with you two?

My gosh....so much for posting fun pics. Negativity sucks.

Strip 388, yeah, they vary in wieght, they just take up alot of "air" room due to their odd dimensions. Stack 'em 2 or 3 high and 3 accross in boxes, unless orcourse they are sofas. The sleepers are prety heavy though

Are you guys a La-z-boy franchise??

Old 04-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Registered

That's a biggun......48footer. Over 20K loaded. Pulls like a dream........

Ok, that being said 26001K it falls under CDL.

What size Ford ?

The GCWR is 26000#
GVWR 17000#

Law Suit..

Be careful...
Old 04-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I was actually relating to a local business when I made that comment. I didn't mean anything against you. In the instance that I was refering to the employee was new and he was told to drive a truck beteen point A & B. Well during the trip the trailer came unhitched and killed some people. The company promptly fired the employee. The investigation showed that the coupler was defective and that the company was aware of it. The trailer had come uncoupled in the past. That's what I meant by being hung out to dry. The company was trying to save the money and when something happened they just turned their back on him.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Allan4

EMotion, I don't have the exact #'s of the GVWR of the truck. The trailer is 20K. I do know that the trailer can wiegh in at about 20K if it is packed full with heavy stuff. The new trailers (48's) wiegh in empty at about 6-7k. We normally run about 10 or 11K in cargo. Alot of times it is under that, occasionally more--hence the 20K--. Drives great, very impressive. Furniture is generally light, packaged with alot of air around them, unless you are hualing tables. More dense.

However, it makes little difference. We researched all of this stuff before we started to use 5th wheel trucks. We are within ODOT regulations and have ODOT registration numbers on the trucks, paperwork in the cab....etc. I has brakes on 14 wheels and drives fine. I 100% gaurantee it will stop in much less distance than a 80,000# tractor and trailer. Thanks for the reminder to be careful. Always a good idea.

Cord, yes, the instance you are refering to is ugly. Remember, two sides to every story though. Not defending the company because if you have anything broken in the linkage assembly, you are a moron if you do not get it fixed. However, it is the drivers responsibility to check all equipment prior to hitting the road. The truck/trailer inspections are 1/3 of the CDL test. Sounds like he got shafted though. We have been in business for about 30 years and I'll just leave it at that.

This thread was supposed to be for fun..........

Old 04-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

well . . we can somehow turn this thread into a smakdown on packinair if that would make you feel any better

cool pics by the way
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Fun? Where are the naked chicks on the boats? Oh...wait...it's still winter.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:58 PM
Allan4

Hey Dave....think you can pop a mold off one of them for me....?

Old 04-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Allan, I like the pic's!!
Thanks!!
Old 04-28-2003, 12:34 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by FunHome
Allan, I like the pic's!!
Thanks!!
Hey....Check this out.....Somebody gets the point to this post!!!! Allright!!!!!

Thanks man......

Quick Reply: You Ford guys will like this pic...okay, Chevy too!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.