Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks >

lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks

Notices

lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks

Old 04-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Allan4

Don't take the comments above as a shot at Cumberland....I think they are more pointing out the advantages of LOTO. I have never been to LOTO, but I hear awesome things about it. I hit Cumberland 1-2 times a year and am never dissapointed. 76 Falls is the party Cove and you will find all kinda action there. It's a great place. You can be in the middle of a huge party, or go back and tie off in some secluded cove by yourself.

Tons of HIgh Perf equipment in Cumberland as well. It's a sweet place, but I'm sure LOTO is better.

PIB.....Now were talking!!!

Have fun what ever you choose, but you will have a good time in Cumberland. Ther is a reason why so many people in the midwest hit Cumberland atleast 1 time per year.

Seeya.....A4

Old 04-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies, I've been to LOTO, we were thinking about possibly visiting Cumberland . As far as rough, the first time I was down at LOTO was in an 18ft checkmate. The water was so rough on the weekend that the wires were coming off the gauges. Been back many times since then.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Racing Cat

LC Rocks! Never been to LOTO

Old 04-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally posted by BadDog
Cumberland sucks, don't even bother with it.

Here is my take on the two lakes:

LOTO; If you like to bar hop and enjoy rafting up with lots of other people who sometimes take their clothes off, LOTO is the place for you. There is much more activity on LOTO as well as the opportunity to go some place in the evening rather than staying on your boat. It's a great lake to rent a condo on.

Cumberland; If you like going for long rides in your boat (20-30 miles), going to one of four restaurants on the lake (that do not serve alcohol), brining your own drink and hanging out with your buds, Cumberland is the place for you. You can also raft up with lots of other people who sometimes take their clothes off on Lake Cumberland at 76 Falls It's a great lake to rent a houseboat on.

Both are great lakes

Last edited by h2owarrior; 04-28-2003 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:51 PM
sunsation98

Default lakes rough water

i really cant believe that loto gets that rough after boating lake st. clair-has any body done both??

Old 04-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Registered

I have been to both, St Clair does not get nearly as rough as the Ozarks. You can't imagine it until you spend a busy weekend at LOTO. Just my $.02 Rick
Old 04-29-2003, 02:07 AM
Registered

'Damn and I thought I hadn't drivin' in the rough'.......

........And "technically" I still haven't, but on busy weekends at LOTO you see 5-6's PLENTY!!!!!!! but with the 'washer' effect????????

It RULES
Old 04-29-2003, 07:16 AM
jmorganste

Yes, you are right please do not come to Lake Cumberland I vote that everyone should go to LOTO. It is to small and too many people, on bars, no drinking, all you will find is peace and quiet. So PLEASE, PLEASE do not come to LC.

Old 04-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Registered

The 5's on the way around to PC come out more, since everyone is gettting on plane and racing to the cove followed by all the big azz cruisers. My old 31' was out of the water more than in...............well almost, but that thing would get launched
Old 04-29-2003, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I have boated Lake Superior and of course LOTO waves don't get that BIG. However, those waves have a pattern to them and are somewhat more predictable......if you can even get out in them. This lake gets HUGE in the late summer and fall when the winds switch more to the north.

.......You got that right !
We actually felt like we were accelerating
down the back side of those big a$$ rollers.

LOTO is like a washing machine,
the best way I found to get around in my boat
is to set the tabs around 4 or 5, kick the drives
out to 5 run between 50 and 60, you up
on top, and your not getting blasted
from the side by those wandering cruiser wakes.

jt

Quick Reply: lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.