Notices

Where is everyone?

Old 04-27-2003, 09:52 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Jafo, What power does your AT have? How does it run?

Went down to the marina today to work on the boat and hang out by the water. Hoping next week will be the maiden voyage of this season!!!
Old 04-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We didn't see any channel depths less than 23' north of Savanna today- max was 59' (location described by Dave).

fred- not too many Hi-perf boaters in the Savanna area- many more near Dubuque, Ia which is about 55 miles north. There are several wide areas on the way up- all of it has more than enough width for comfortable cruising even with summer barge and houseboat traffic. We go there often for lunch.

troutly- we still try to head part of the way towards your area once a year- McGregor, Ia is still a favorite for several trips each year. Hope we can run with you at least once this year?

Payton- thanks! we will see you on the big lake this year for sure!

dave1972- sorry I didn't get your PM about the FL trip until I was already back- kind of a marathon driving escapade. Maybe we will see you soon- Breezy and Crotch are pretty well underwater right now, but the water will drop fairly fast if there isn't a lot more rain. Real interesting launching and retrieving with the docks that far out! The current was brutal.

R Addiction- twin 350MagMpi Bravos - boat runs great and has excellent balance- one of three twin 28' AT's produced to date.
Jim
Old 04-28-2003, 08:30 AM
Registered

Thanks for the depth reports and traffic updates....looks like some neat area to go boating in....how far is it between locks?
Old 04-28-2003, 08:40 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jafo .... Crazy took me out Sunday afternoon same deal here! Holland to sausagetuck not many boats a couple big cruisers with the canvas up but not any go fast stuff. Later that night I saw a Sunsation and a Formula at the launch but its damn cold out there yet! Water is about 40 yet.
Don
Old 04-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Registered

How are you doing since your surgery Dyno?....Did you get a truck yet?....Fred
Old 04-28-2003, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Philadelphia Pa here not a single boat last week. But all the marinas around here jerked the boaters and switched season dates from april to may. so now they don't drop in until may 1st. and this year marks the first for them to be locking up all boat ramps at 10 pm to keep kids out from partying. so now if you don't have your boat out by 10 pm you are stuck out in the water until 6 am next day LOCK DOWN! This is only at city ramps in Philly Of course a NON boater came up with that idea
Old 04-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Jafo, we're right here in west Michigan enjoying yet another day in paradise, and livin' the dream, man, livin' the dream,,,,,,
Old 04-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

Same way here on the Missouri River. Just me and friend. Seen
a bunch of John boat with people looking for mushrooms.
Attached Thumbnails Where is everyone?-dcp_0004.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

stevebaretta-
Always nice to get an entire island of sand to yourself, isn't it?
Looks like your water levels are lower than the Miss.
The current was strong enough that placing one drive in neutral (engines at idle) and leaving the other in forward would barely hold your position. Harbormaster said 7-8 mph current at Savanna.
I would guess it is morel mushroom hunting season in your area? Mmmm good!
Old 04-28-2003, 03:01 PM
liquid lounge

We have a place on Essman Island, just north of Guttenburg. Guttenburg is between Dubuque and McGregor. I think the upper Mississippi is a dandy place to boat ...lots of towns [i.e. bars and resturaunts] as destination points. Makes for a nice change from lake boating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.